Wifi Problems

paddy

Website
Visit site
My WIFI cuts off after about 15\25 mins of use,once it cuts off i can't restart unless i reboot the Pandora,it has been doing this since i got it,also i only get around 60\105kbs when i download a file.

II am asking other Pandora users does your Pandora do this as well ?

Cheers

Paddy

Mine did disconnect and wouldnt reconnect (kept asking for my password) I restarted an it all worked. I've seen this problem happen on all sorts of devices though (PC, phone)

Known bug with the connection manager. That just explains why you can't reconnect though, doesn't explain why it would disconnect at all. Try performing a ping against google.com or something, see if it's dropping packets regularly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,i have a feeling it might have something to do with when i overclock,i am testing it tonight with default 500mhz and i will report back if it still does it.

Also i read that running some apps that push the cpu can knock off the wifi,mabe this is also part of the issue.

No need to restart the unit, toggling WiFi off and on again (in System-Menu) does allow you to reconnect again.

Still waiting on someone to try the "ifconfig down/up" thing I keep posting. If that works, a reset script can probably be written for emergency purposes and fired off automatically.

Unless someone beats me to it, I'll try that when mine next drops out, Stan. It's only happened once, so far, though.

Sorry to quick hi-jack, but I can't for the life of me find the WiFi settings to connect to a network in the desktop environment. I found the option to enable WLAN in the settings menu, but can't find the interface to detect and connect to a specific network...any help?

Right-click on the little networking icon immediately to the left of the the battery meter. That should get you started.

Back