Wiimote? An Intriguing Idea (For Me At Least)

willrandship

Why not add in wiimote support if it's not already integrated? It could be used as a regular joystick, for various games. One could even have a usb powered ir led set that clips onto the hinge when open, so pointing would be enabled!

Of course, if this was implemented you wouldn't want to develop too closely with it. Not everyone has a wii, and no one buys a wii remote by itself unless they know johnny lee.

The Developer's subforum is for things you're developing, not ideas we've already discussed endlessly.
There's already Linux stuff that works with Wiimotes, and someone will probably port it so you can use it as a mouse and impress all your friends for 5 minutes at a time.

So true, it would be even more cumbersome than the stylus touchscreen :p. Funny thing is, I won't have any friends who would be any more impressed by this than the pandora itself. If you think Any place out of New york is Rural, where I live is uninhabited.

I just enabled using the Wiimote as a mouse on my Ubuntu laptop with this howto. Using it as a basic mouse with the accelerometer is easy, but kind of slow. The setup shouldn't be too different under XFCE so long as the packages are installed, or available for Angstrom. You'll probably have to change 'gksudo gedit' to 'gksudo mousepad' and use a different command for the package manager, for example.

Back