Will I get what I paid for?

DrBaronVonEvilSatan

Still Fresh
I made a $370 usd pre-order payment last december from a paypal account associated with a yahoo mail account (the same account used for the pandora forums account i am now using). The gmail account i was using for correspondence at the time is no longer valid so i cannot reset my password for the Pandora forums account I was using at the time. I emailed evildragon a month ago (email address taken from my paypal reciept) but have heard no response.

Will I be notified to complete payment at the yahoo account associated with paypal when my turn comes up?

Have I already missed my turn due to Gmail account closure?

EvilDragon's email is backed up.

Once you get your order straightened out you can continue to wait for your Pandora.

You also can jump to the front of the que you are in waiting by paying the difference of the $370 to the current price of the Pandora.

You can also take the big step to upgrading your Pandora order to a 1GHz unit scheduled to be released next month IIRC, but currently limited to a 150 unit beta test batch. This will cost more than the upgrade option in the previous paragraph.

You will eventually get what you paid for, or what you decide to pay to get something sooner.

Strictly speaking, what you will be getting is better than what you originally paid for: various parts have gone through necessary upgrades over the years.

While I can't guarantee that it will live up to the hype for you, in my personal experience the wait was most definitely worth it, so to speak. I would have been far and away happier if it had been delivered in a shorter timeframe, but I have never regretted my purchase.

it was my understanding that i had to wait for an email indicating that my reserved unit would be assembled soon and i could complete payment. what i am looking for is an OFFICIAL confirmation that that message will get to me and not go to a closed gmail account. Third party reassurance is nice, but I'd like to hear from the people who have my money.

>once you get your order straight you can continue to wait

How am I to get my order straight? How else can I contact evildragon? How much longer is this likely to take?

Yeah, it seems that way?

I made a $370 usd pre-order payment last december from a paypal account associated with a yahoo mail account (the same account used for the pandora forums account i am now using). The gmail account i was using for correspondence at the time is no longer valid so i cannot reset my password for the Pandora forums account I was using at the time. I emailed evildragon a month ago (email address taken from my paypal reciept) but have heard no response.

Will I be notified to complete payment at the yahoo account associated with paypal when my turn comes up?

Have I already missed my turn due to Gmail account closure?

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally!

All emails sent to you come back as the email address doesn't exist (maybe you made a typo?)

That's why youl neither got the final payment mail nor could I contact you.

Please PM me a working email address, so I can send the Final Payment mail to you.

I just got an email regarding my attempt at a 1Ghz upgrade.

Apparently both of my attempts at making an order were "aborted" despite $370 being charged to my paypal account in february.

I am being asked for an order number which i never recieved.

Send them the PayPal transaction reference then. That should help them to identify you

I just got an email regarding my attempt at a 1Ghz upgrade.

Apparently both of my attempts at making an order were "aborted" despite $370 being charged to my paypal account in february.

I am being asked for an order number which i never recieved.

Did you send the 1GHz upgrade mail to openpandorasales@gmail.com?

If yes, that's a totally different shop than mine - they don't have a payment from you.

I followed the instructions in the "how to get a 1Ghz pandora" sticky. I'm at work now and can't access my yahoo acct until i get home to verify (this is why i need the pandora). The response said she found two "aborted" orders.

In which direction is the next hoop through which i must jump?

As ED suggests, it sounds like you did your original order through his German store (order@openpandora.org), but you have put your upgrade request through Craig's UK store (openpandorasales@gmail.com). Obviously not your fault for not knowing this. Forget about the gmail address and let ED sort you out directly.

Is the openpandorasales inbox backed up with questions, or would I be able to expect a response within a couple of days if I had a question about how far along the old queue is? I'm an April 2009 customer, to clarify.

EDIT: Hey, a question bumped up in Craig's forum. Maybe I won't even have to bother with the e-mail, which would enable me to do my part in keeping the e-mail bloat down.

I am a bit confused now... didn't you want to upgrade to 1GHz now?

Because I wanted to contact you when I got PCBs here... or did I mix up something?

No, you are correct, I do want the 1Ghz.

I've just been reading the posts about people recieving theirs and thought i would have needed to pay in order to secure my spot in the 150.

If everything is still proceeding according to plan then I shall go back to (im)patiently waiting.

Best of luck!

Back