Will It Be Worth It...

Eight Bit

Hardcore Member
Website
Visit site
I'm a 1st day pre-orderer of the Pandora and I've been patiently waiting for it to come. In the meantime I have only bought a psp and some small china console and was wondering if anyone thinks it is worth it to get a Wiz and a Dingoo aswell? Or can the Pandora do anything those two can, making both the Wiz and the Dingoo obsolete?
I noticed a lot of people here own either or both of the above mentioned handheld consoles and I would like to hear their opinion or thoughts about it

:)

From a "can" - point of view the Pandora can do everything, that Wiz/Dingoo can do. There are other things that aredifferent, as formfactor, size etc.

I know mine is going to make my Wiz obsolete, but it is nice to have a somewhat powerful console around while I wait for the Pandora to ship. The Pandora is just inches away, though, so I wouldn't think you would buy it just to consume your time while you wait.

It's a question of intent. Do you plan on carrying your Pandora EVERYWHERE at all times. Or would you like a smaller more pocketable platform like the Dingoo or Wiz for those times you don't want to bring the larger and more powerful Pandora along.

How big and deep are your pockets? If you've got money burning a hole in them, sure why not invest. You could always give them to a friend as a gift later. ;p

Well, I sold my GP2X a year and a half ago in aticipation of the Pandora(it had the DaveC mod), and I wish I would have held on to it awhile longer! I decided to buy a WIZ last july when I saw the Pandora wasn't coming anytime soon, and it is very nice, and from what I have read the Dingoo is nice as well, specificaly when you account for the cheaper price. I know those units are available today, and have several good programs and EMU's, but for me the Pandora is just where it's at. My WIZ was retired after about a month, and I have not touch it since the end of last summer!

Although my Pandora hasn't arrived yet, when I play the wiz, I'm just thinking of the Pandora, and what it can do, and what problems the WIZ has. Screen tearing, lack of truly "full speed" SNES, PS1, ect. It is really just a GP2X Mini. Which I believe was the development title. When the screen isn't tearing, it is damn nice picture though! A lot of members talk about the GP32 glory days, but I came on durring the GP2X era, and loved it, pruly magic for me. The Pandora has captured that magic for me agian, and it hasn't even been released yet! ;)

Chris

I have bought a Wiz, a Dingoo, and recently a DSi while waiting for the Pandora. I don't think I'd have bought any of them if I had a Pandora.

Still, the wait is nearly over™.

I have just been looking at some old Amiga and ST stuff on Ebay and I'm really looking forward to replaying some of my old games on the Pandora, so now I'm eager to get my Pandora again!

Back