Window Won't Recognise The Gp2x

Sparky

Still Fresh
I have put the batteries in, played around with the pre installed games and demos, put in the SD card and checked if OK. tried to connect to PC, but Windows XP keeps saying it does not recognise the GP2X "may be a malfuntion, turn off and start again"

Wher do I go from here, as I want to start getting games and bits onto my GP2x

Thanks

Looks like your USB cable is faulty. Try another one (its the standard digital camera cable, if you don't have a spare you can buy one for about $1)

yeah replace the cable dude. I thought my GP2X couldnt be recognize by my PC till my SD card reader broke & by a miracle of luck I found the same cable and it worked

Is it possible to upload skins to the NAND if your PC does not recognise the GP2x. I have tried 3 different cables and all have similar results. but i would like to try some of the skins available.

You can use the "copy" function of the explorer. Just make a folder called "skin" with the skins you want in it and copy it over.

To copy, select the skin folder with select. Press Y until it says COPY in the left corner. Press X until the "SD Memory Card/NAND Memory/EXT Storage" screen comes up. Select NAND Memory and press B. Then press A, then B.

Note: This doesn't work in Firmware 3.0.0, because you cant access the NAND, and it is not yet possible to make skins for 3.0.0

Thanks for the help.

This doesnt seem to work though :( It briefly flashes the "Working" message up, but doesnt copy any of the files.

Any ideas?

Blah posted on Mar 17 2007 at 03:09 PM said:
Note: This doesn't work in Firmware 3.0.0, because you cant access the NAND, and it is not yet possible to make skins for 3.0.0

I've heard bad things about firmware 3, but you can't even access the NAND in it?

Why did they do that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Its filled with games you can play, but you can't take them off of there easily. You could make a script to do it, but its easier just to downgrade.

Back