Windows Xp Usb Install

tekt5

NazcaBeer Spokesman
Website
Visit site
Ok i know this has been asked before but I can't search for it as XP isn't 4 letters long <_<

How do you install GPlink and get the USB drivers and stuff working corectly.

I've installed GPManager

but when I plug in the gamepark to the PC and open up GPManager (with GP32 in PC Link mode) GPManager dosn't find it and complains with "Please connect GP32 to USB Port and then, make GP32 enter PC Link mode"

also windows XP keeps trying to install the "new usb device" but can't find the drivers...
how do I get around this.. or is their any other way to format my SMC with out GPManager (I do have a card reader which can read the empty SMC right now!)

thanks

- Tekt5

somebody help

now my gp32_console dosn't even recognize my SMC since I put it in my card reader.

I was able to recover it with the original firmware but now GPmanager says "an error has occured in the GP32 Process" but it still lets me try to format the SMC. When I try to it does something gor about 5 secs and the says "operation has timed out"

I think that maybe the usb drivers aren't set up correctly.

How would I do this?

Just download These drivers . Then open the PC-link in the gp32 then connect your gp32 to your computer. It should work. And themn I recommend you using slubman's firmware with phodrive(GPdrive) embedded, it's a lot easier to tranfer files to your gp32 than PC-Link!

I'm using the new drivers but it still doesn't work :(

is there any way to format the SMC through a card reader?

i've tried to reinstall everything and now when I open GPManager it says an error has occured in GP32 during process but then I run it a second time and it opens but then says "Please connect GP32 to USB Port and then, make GP32 enter PC-Link mode"

do I have a bad USB Cable or something?

i hadf some difficulty installing the drivers in winxp... give it a few more tries first :)

should I or should I not install service pack 2?

cause I found this
mashimaro said:
I have the USB cable and PC LINK on my gp32

I guess I need drivers for the usb cable so that I can use it with pc/gp32?

I tried the usb drivers on this site and they dont download properly for me??? Says corrupt everytime.

Could someone give me a different link or host them for me?

And if someone could do a brief step to step guide of how to put a rom & a emulater onto the gp32 that would be great. (dont worry i have all the real games that I have roms of)

Thank you very much happy.gif
Drivers here:
If ur using winXp you will need service pack 2.

Check out http://www.gp32emu.com/ for FAQ's and this sites FAQ.

Also rember to read the readme files that come with the peograms they will tell you where to put the roms.

This post has been edited by bourbon: Oct 24 2004, 06:20 PM

under the i need help fourms or would this work?
http://www.geepee32.com/ then goto GP32 Mass Storage Device

Last edited by a moderator:
dont install sp2, format the card in your gp, put gpdrive or phodrive on it (use your card writer).
Then you can tranfer the files using gpdrive, just run the program then plug in the usb-cable and everything should work (even under sp2).

I have sp2 installed but I don't think that is the main problem.

I've just spent the afternoon trying to get to grips with my new GP32 and from what I could understand from the garbled translated instructions if when you connect your gp through the usb port windows asks you to install the gp32 driver, even if you have already installed the gp32 manager software you need to let windows install it again. So click on the alert bubble and let windows search for the appropriate driver making sure that the set up cd is you your cd drive. When it has found it click ok to install and tell it to continue if you get the unverified program warning. Now hopefully it should recognise your gp.

The start up order should be connect gp to computer. Turn on gp and select pc-link, then start up gp32 manager and click ok on the window that pops up. You should now be ready to go. :)
If you do have any further problems if you do something else on either system and then it won't connect again close down gp manager and your gp. Unplug and then reconnect the usb connection then restart the start up process.

I hope that made some sort of sense. :)

~ Radio
Still trying to get the hang of this myself. ;)

Use an other prog than gpmanager to transfer files to your gp32... I had some difficulties using gpmanager... than I switched to pc-link 1.3.2 and no more problems!!!

Back