Wiz Beta Of Ommpc2X 0.4.0

Coder_TimT

Okay, Wiz folk. I have a shared library build of the latest ommpc ready for testing on your machines. I am hopeful that it will run without any real issues. For those not familiar, ommpc is a Music Player Daemon frontend and along with the bundled mpd becomes a standalone player solution for your device. Features include...

• Media Library
  • Playlist-Centric
  • Create playlist on the fly, easily adding songs/folders/artists/genres/etc to the current list
  • Bookmarks(helpful for audiobooks or long podcasts)
  • If closed while playing, automatically picks back up when restarted
  • FF/RW in all formats
  • Supports mp3/ogg/flac/AAC/some mod formats
  • Touchscreen support(cross fingers for it to work on the wiz)

Currently the lock screen function will not turn off the screen as I haven't dug up the code to do so yet. I hope that changing the cpu speed does work however as I stole the code from libcastor for that... Anyway, here are a couple of screenshots and the download link. Let me know how it goes...

ommpc_menu.jpg
ommpc_np.jpg

UPDATED LINK to newest version. There should be a news post soon with details.

http://ommpc.googlecode.com/files/ommpc2x-0_4_2-wiz.zip

Many thanks to sbock for testing and provided the necessary feedback to get this working...

Nice. Unfortunately I get a crash to menu:

Code:
EXIT
./ommpc2x: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL_gfx.so.0: cannot open sh
ared object file: No such file or directory
view created...
GP2X wiz Mode...

I changed the name of the libSDL_gfx.so.13 to libSDL_gfx.so.0.

Now I get:

Code:
EXIT
./ommpc2x: error while loading shared libraries: libiconv.so.2: cannot open shar
ed object file: No such file or directory
view created...

Hope this helps...

Thanks for the detailed information sbock. Package has been updated and labeled beta2. Link in OP also updated. Lets try this again...

OK, here we go:

Code:
EXIT
bad paths...not starting mpd
child exit status 255
FB_OpenMouse()
Using tslib touchscreen
1 joysticks were found.
    PEP Joy
Segmentation fault

sbock said:
OK, here we go:

Code:
EXIT
child exit status 255
FB_OpenMouse()
Using tslib touchscreen
1 joysticks were found.
    PEP Joy
Segmentation fault

If you feel up to it, a new build is dropped. Added a cd in ommpc2x.gpe which points to the directory ommpc is placed, so if that isn't /mnt/sd/ommpc2x, it should be changed. Although, I'm not sure that will fix the bad paths problems... Also added alot of debug output, to see where it's dying... Looks like this isn't going to go as smoothly as I'd hoped... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
First try:

Code:
EXIT
cd: 5: can't cd to /mnt/sd/ommpc2x
child exit status 255
FB_OpenMouse()
Using tslib touchscreen
1 joysticks were found.
    PEP Joy
initializing ttf
set video mode
Segmentation fault
view created...

I installed Ommpc2x at /sd/mnt/app/ommpc2x, so I changed this and put the ommmpc2x folder to the SD root:

Code:
EXIT
pwd /mnt/sd/ommpc2x/mpd/mpd
/mnt/sd/ommpc2x/mpd/mpd: error while loading shared libraries: libFLAC.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
child exit status 127
FB_OpenMouse()
Using tslib touchscreen
1 joysticks were found.
    PEP Joy
initializing ttf
set video mode
Segmentation fault
view created..

sbock said:
First try:

Code:
EXIT
cd: 5: can't cd to /mnt/sd/ommpc2x
child exit status 255
FB_OpenMouse()
Using tslib touchscreen
1 joysticks were found.
    PEP Joy
initializing ttf
set video mode
Segmentation fault
view created...

I installed Ommpc2x at /sd/mnt/app/ommpc2x, so I changed this and put the ommmpc2x folder to the SD root:

Code:
EXIT
/mnt/sd/ommpc2x/mpd/mpd: error while loading shared libraries: libFLAC.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
child exit status 127
FB_OpenMouse()
Using tslib touchscreen
1 joysticks were found.
    PEP Joy
initializing ttf
set video mode
Segmentation fault
view created..

Could you do a couple of things before I repackage again... I think it's going to complain about libmikmod next. Could you rename lib/libFLAC.so.8.0.2 to libFLAC.so.8. Also, could you remove the "cd /mnt/sd/ommmpc2x" line from ommpc2x.gpe and see if it's still able to find the mpd executable.

Many thanks for help me out. Now I need to track down proper SDL setvideomode for the wiz...

OK, done.

I think it's going to complain about libmikmod next
Yes, I changed this also and get:

Code:
/mnt/sd/ommpc2x/mpd/mpd: /lib/libvorbisidec.so.1: no version information available (required by /mnt/sd/ommpc2x/mpd/mpd)
child exit status 0
FB_OpenMouse()
Using tslib touchscreen
1 joysticks were found.
    PEP Joy
initializing ttf
set video mode
Segmentation fault

After editing the .gpe the result is the same, so It's still able to find the mpd.

Updated the build again. Not really expecting it to get further, just changed some things to get a little more information...

Depreciated...see OP

@sbock So did it just want it named libmikmod.so.2?

I think it's this you want to know:

Code:
width/height 320/240
set video mode
Segmentation fault

sbock said:
I think it's this you want to know:

Code:
width/height 320/240
set video mode
Segmentation fault

New build, added my copy of the vorbis lib and changed to SWSURFACE on SetVideoMode. Added more output...

Depreciated...see OP

Code:
EXIT
child exit status 0
FB_OpenMouse()
Using tslib touchscreen
1 joysticks were found.
    PEP Joy
initializing ttf
width/height 320/240
set video mode
Segmentation fault
view created...

Not so bad, besides that stupid segfault... ;)

sbock said:
Code:
EXIT
child exit status 0
FB_OpenMouse()
Using tslib touchscreen
1 joysticks were found.
    PEP Joy
initializing ttf
width/height 320/240
set video mode
Segmentation fault
view created...

Not so bad, besides that stupid segfault... ;)

Progress...I guess. :)

New executable attached instead of a full build. Changed to 16bpp and added double buffering back... Looks like it might be time for me to visit the dev forum... :)

Yeah, it's there! Great work, Tim! Will test more and report back...

Code:
child exit status 0
FB_OpenMouse()
Using tslib touchscreen
1 joysticks were found.
    PEP Joy
initializing ttf
width/height 320/240
set video mode
check screen
disable cursor
create rects
threads stuff
rtmpd stuff
cloc

sbock said:
Yeah, it's there! Great work, Tim! Will test more and report back...

Code:
child exit status 0
FB_OpenMouse()
Using tslib touchscreen
1 joysticks were found.
    PEP Joy
initializing ttf
width/height 320/240
set video mode
check screen
disable cursor
create rects
threads stuff
rtmpd stuff
cloc

Great news! Could you try the attached build the re-enables hardware surfaces and see if that works with the 16bpp? Thanks...

Yes, that works. Strange, I always thought the Wiz wouldn't support hardware surfaces yet. But what do I know? :)
The touchscreen works, but it's way off. Hard to examine, because I think you disabled the cursor. Do you underclock the Wiz? That's no good idea, because I think this will dramatically decrease touchscreen accuracy. Rest of the controls are working fine, now I must find out how to play a song... ;)

[Edit:] OK. MP3 and OGG music are OK. Album art is there. Volume buttons work. More later...

sbock said:
Yes, that works. Strange, I always thought the Wiz wouldn't support hardware surfaces yet. But what do I know? :)
The touchscreen works, but it's way off. Hard to examine, because I think you disabled the cursor. Do you underclock the Wiz? That's no good idea, because I think this will dramatically decrease touchscreen accuracy. Rest of the controls are working fine, now I must find out how to play a song... ;)

[Edit:] OK. MP3 and OGG music are OK. Album art is there. Volume buttons work. More later...

Cool. Good to know. For other first timers...the first thing you're going to need to do is goto Settings->Update DB to get your music into the database... Well the first thing will be to setup paths in Settings->Options if they aren't correct...

Anyway, latest build in the OP and here. Re-enables hardware surfaces and sets starting clock to 533Mhz. Clock speed should be able to be changed in the options menu too... Also enabled the mouse cursor, so we can see what the TS is doing...

http://ommpc.googlecode.com/files/ommpc2x-0_4_0-wiz-beta7.zip

Last update for a bit, have to surrender my computers to the kids for "weekend computer time"...

Ok, here are some impressions with the beta 7:

-Ommpc must be placed in the root of the SD. It now starts in a different folder but than you must edit the path in the settings and that is no good idea at the moment. (see last point)
-Touchscreen works well at default cpu clock.
-Virtual keyboard works, but there's lots of flicker.
-Playlist and music library functions seem to work.
-The volume range is great: From absolute silence to very loud. Better as in wejp's GMU.
-You can't see the adjusted volume at the gui. The display don't change.
-The response to user actions is a little bit slow even at default speed, just as the build in music player from GPH. Here's GMU much faster even massively underclocked.
-The settings menu is some kind of broken. After using it, I get all kinds of wired bugs. Crashes when updating the db, the clockspeed value changed without influence, the icons in the player screen are missing. The cpu clock speeds end at 280, so it's hard to determine which speed is really adjusted.

I like the looks and some of the functions of Ommpc2x. I must admit I never used it on F-100/F-200.
Good work so far, Tim!

Last update for a bit, have to surrender my computers to the kids for "weekend computer time"...

A well deserved rest for you, I presume... ;)

Regards.
Stephan

sbock said:
Ok, here are some impressions with the beta 7:

-Ommpc must be placed in the root of the SD. It now starts in a different folder but than you must edit the path in the settings and that is no good idea at the moment. (see last point)
-Touchscreen works well at default cpu clock.
-Virtual keyboard works, but there's lots of flicker.
-Playlist and music library functions seem to work.
-The volume range is great: From absolute silence to very loud. Better as in wejp's GMU.
-You can't see the adjusted volume at the gui. The display don't change.
-The response to user actions is a little bit slow even at default speed, just as the build in music player from GPH. Here's GMU much faster even massively underclocked.
-The settings menu is some kind of broken. After using it, I get all kinds of wired bugs. Crashes when updating the db, the clockspeed value changed without influence, the icons in the player screen are missing. The cpu clock speeds end at 280, so it's hard to determine which speed is really adjusted.

I like the looks and some of the functions of Ommpc2x. I must admit I never used it on F-100/F-200.
Good work so far, Tim!

A well deserved rest for you, I presume... ;)

Regards.
Stephan

The last beta I uploaded should have had the clock speed option modified to go up to 580 for the wiz...did you grab the latest?I was wrong about that...will be fixed. Also, if you did manage a save of the options, the player might be getting defaulted back down to 280 now when restarting... Check ommpc.conf to be sure. I'm getting some extra stuff written out at the top right now I need to fix, but down towards the bottom of the file there should be a cpuSpeed option...along with the paths and other stuff you can edit manually... Sounds like I'm trouncing memory somehow...hmmm... I know of the gp2x when I try to set clockspeed while music is playing, it will lock up about half the time... Maybe something like that is happing on the wiz, except it just goes wonky. Possibly see if you can save options with music stopped...

Once your definitely running at the right speed again, how bad is the UI response time? Everywhere or just the menu with icons? It runs pretty good on the gp2x, a little lag in the menus sometimes. I'll play around and see if I can figure anything out.

The volume thing is interesting...will probably have to output some more debug statements to see why it's failing... Will get another build up in a bit...

****UPDATE****
New build, beta 8. Fixes issue with language options being saved in ommpc.conf. Increased range of cpuspeed in options menu up to 580.

For the volume thing, does it act the same with software volume on? Turn on in options or if you can't get that to behave with music stopped, softwareVol=on in ommpc.conf and mixer_type="software" in mpd.conf....

http://ommpc.googlecode.com/files/ommpc2x-0_4_0-wiz-beta8.zip

Noone had downloaded yet, so I reuploaded beta 8 with a fix that should make the menu more responsive, especially when going in and out of submenus... Also, I managed to have quite a few random crashes when updating the db on the gp2x...not sure what's going on there...

OK, tested the Beta 8:

-The volume bar is working: Turning the option "Software Vol.:" to "on" do the job. What's this option for?
-When I go to the settings menu the first time the cpu clock reads "80", what's definitely wrong. But you now can go to "580" max. and can save the value.
-Saving the settings freezes the program and you must restart the Wiz. But the settings are saved. (Edit:) This only seems to happen when a piece of music is currently playing in the background)
-After saving the settings the icons and album arts in the "Now playing" screen are gone. I found no way to bring them back. (Edit:) Found it: Album arts must be "false". Strangely the album covers are shown anyway!
-I can confirm sometimes crashes to desktop when updating the db. But the update is done.
-(Edit:) Changing the skin to "default" you get a crash to menu and Ommpc refuses to start. OK, editing the ommpc.conf manually and change back to "crystal_ts" brings me back to play...

Back