Wiz Full Speed Emulators

john4p

I'll wait for feedback about the Pandora before I get one next year. But maybe I'll buy a Wiz at its launch.

Which of the following systems do you think will run full-speed at frameskip 0 with full sound?

- Amiga 500 (UAE4All)
- Super NES
- CPS-3 (if it gets ported)

Will the Cyclone-core - which already made Genesis-games (almost) fullspeed on the GP32 and Amiga-games playable on the GP2X - also work on the Wiz?

I won't ask about N64 because it's unrealistic to expect a fullspeed emu. And I don't care about PS1-emulation because I already own a PSP (kudos to Sony for their excellent Playstation-emu! ;)).

john4p said:
Will the Cyclone-core - which already made Genesis-games (almost) fullspeed on the GP32 and Amiga-games playable on the GP2X - also work on the Wiz?
Yes it will, it's already running on Pandora without any changes, should work on Wiz too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice.

Now if it's not too expensive (from Germany) and the battery life as good or better as the PSP's I think I'll get one.

Bump.

Will SuperNES-games run fullspeed* on the Wiz?

Will Amiga 500-games run fullspeed* on the Wiz?

(I need to know because preorder-period will soon be over and I almost solely want the Wiz for Amiga- and SNES-games...)

* 60fps (SNES) / 50fps (Amiga), frameskip 0, full stereo sound (but 22kHz would be good enough as long as it's not distorted)

There's no way to tell unti there are actual emulators for it. Things can't all be determined by the hardware, it's going to depend on how good the emulators are.

CPS3 is quite unlikely though, especially as a raw port. Would need a recompiler at least.

Okay, thanks for the reply.

CPS3 doesn't really matter. It also wouldn't be much fun on the Wiz's screen because of its resolutions:
384×224 (standard mode) / 496×224 (widescreen mode)
Even in "standard mode" the games have more pixels horizontally than the Wiz's display.

Back