Wiz Video Playback

crazyhorse

Can somebody tell me what the quality of video playback is like on the wiz.Are true blacks possible?, is the screen tearing still an issue?, Does it stutter at all? - i believe converting the video to the wiz's resolution corrects this.Thanks.

I only have one video on my Wiz - one of those Fireplace DVDs that's ripped to a 608x336 XviD AVI - and it looks spectacular on its screen.

The true blacks really do stand out underneath the fireplace, and I can't see any screen flickering whatsoever whenever I play it. The brightness of the Wiz's screen makes it so the fireplace illuminates an entire room, I'm not kidding here. The playback is as smooth as possible with no hiccups in the video.

I know that it isn't the best candidate for showing off what the Wiz can do video-wise, but it is one hell of a mood setter :)

I have ripped several (of my own) DVDs for my long dinstance flights.
I think it's outstanding. :rolleyes:
The OLED display is really great. I don't know about others, but with movies I don't have any tearing.
I recommend to reduce the resolution to the actual screen size i.e. 320 x 240.
I think 350 MB is a good file size for a 90 min movie at a really good quality.
Just try it, it's great.

kasi

So does anyone know how to play those digital copies we get free with our DVD purchases on the Wiz? I have bought many Blu rays that have provided me with digital copies but unfortunately I haven't figured out how to get it to play on the wiz.

Allright so what I no about is that xvid is better quality wiz than divx but divx is more compatible.People try not to use h264 beace it is compressed and takes a lot of cpu to play.The wizs screen is low res-compared to the 16 million colors of the psp.
however it uses a oled screen.This means that it isnt backlit and all the power goes through the screen.Also the wiz has way more processing power than the psp helping decode and play video.

I think it's a shame that it can't run YouTube videos out-of-the-box. Is it really tricky to add support for MP4 and FLV formats?

Back