Working On A Dynarec For Gpsp For The Gp2x

zodttd

Solving your premature emulation since the Tapwave
Website
www.zodttd.com
Hi everyone,

I fried my PC, so I have been trying to do development on what I have around. I decided to work on the gpSP (GBA) dynarec and get it working on the GP2X. Besides taking forever to compile on this ancient computer relic, I have made a lot of progress. It hasn't made it "in-game" yet, but it does dynamically recompile just up to the point of displaying graphics after clearing the screen. It seems to be an issue with block memory/stack operation emulation. It's calling SWI and setting the PC to 8. Right now it's just a "C Dynarec" so it's calling external functions to do processes I can easily replace with dynarec'd ARM instructions. I haven't done so due to debugging reasons, but that may change.

Once complete, full speed GBA emulation will be obtained. I just wish compiling didn't take 10 minutes. :p
When I can afford a new computer I'll be much more relieved. It's a pain for anyone just trying to wait for this page to load. I will respond to PM's in the coming days.

As for TTD2X, it's also coming along, but I haven't been able to make any progress on the hardware fine scaling. I hope DJWillis and/or paeyrn can do it though. I'm thinking of trying a sae2x filter in the meantime.

I'll check this thread as often as possible, but understand I can't get responses made too quickly.

You won't stop bringing us good news, will you? B)

It's been a while though, glad to see you back ;)

Thanks for the support. :)
I haven't spoken to Exophase yet. I think he's been very busy lately.

Purple Goat: Lightning. :(

I've been working day and night on the dynarec and I had to learn a lot to get it up and running. I even learned some more MIPS/X86 assembly in the process. I'll give a status update in a few hours since I think I might have fixed a bug. ;)

Zodttd, I have a PIII-733Mhz CPU and Mobo with 128MB RAM lying around not doing anything. I could pack it up and ship it to you if that would help? I know the spec isn't high but it might be a faster compile machine than what you have? Let me know if you are interested.

this is awesome, since i just got back into ttdx.

will it support ttdpatch? or are you using the openttdx project?

Wow slaanesh, you are so generous, and zodttd deserves it, hope this setup is better than what he already has, can't wait to have fully playable GBA.

I'm a lurker who just had to register to say, good luck Zod, you're an asset to the Gp2x community.

I'd donate a computer, but all the fast computers that are available to me aren't mine to give away right now :p

lightning!? thats some pretty hardcore shit :ph34r:

EDIT: also please get it working..
the gba version of guilty gear X is as close as i think im gonna get on gp2x to guilty gear X on DC..

I guessed you already tried repairing it? If it was lightning, then check your power supply...

(that was me and my useless advises :lol: )

reiboul posted on Feb 9 2007 at 12:05 AM said:
I guessed you already tried repairing it? If it was lightning, then check your power supply...

(that was me and my useless advises :lol: )
lightning killed my psu 4 times (im cursed i know :( )

Last edited by a moderator:
Back