Worlds Largest Video Game Collection

vcoleiro1

Hardcore Member
After spending ages building rooms to hold his collection, Joel released the video below showing some of his Video Game collection. It's the worlds largest video game collection

He just spent over a year building 5 new huge rooms and displays to house all the stuff , not to mention adding significantly to his collection. It's completely different now which is why I decided not to dig up the old thread and create this new one

do we need a new thread to discuss it? i thought we preferred grave digging.
If I remember the old rules properly, they used to actively forbid gravedigging, but I can't find them any more. In practice, sometimes we gravedig, and sometimes we spam the forum indices with multiple very similar threads, it's entirely down to the poster.

I did happen across Prometheus' old 'newcomers glossary' from the pandora support thread, and especially enjoyed the forum dialect section. There are a number of people here who are probably different aspects of Red Baron, and I don't think many people have given ED a hearty 'hellollo' in a news thread recently.

Also, this post might be an example of bikeshedding this very thread.

If you follow his videos you'll know that he also had a mild heart attack a couple of months back. Of course he works like a trojan, and after the event vowed to cut back.
But it's a stark reminder that we are only human (he's a few years younger than me - in his early 40s - which is quite scary), and over-work and stress ain't good for any of us (ED!!); even though it's work he obviously loves.

Anyways I find his videos highly entertaining and would recommend subscribing.

Finally got the time to catch up with this video. That is an impressive build!

And I don't mind so much the weird Aussie pronunciation of 'Sega', but what the hell is C plus Vee Gee? Oh, Computer and Video Games, or as we called it C'n'VG.

Finally got the time to catch up with this video. That is an impressive build!

And I don't mind so much the weird Aussie pronunciation of 'Sega', but what the hell is C plus Vee Gee? Oh, Computer and Video Games, or as we called it C'n'VG.

Pretty sure that's how SEGA pronounced it in TV ads here in Australia. That's how I remember it. Different regions probably got their own treatment.

ie

Yeah, quite a few people this side of the planetary core said it the same way up until Sonic 1 launched and the attract sequence/logo taught us. There are still people around who pronounce Sony as 'sunny' (as opposed to the obviously more correct 'sew-knee')

It seems funny to me debating English pronunciations of Japanese company names.

But yes, local advertising plays a big part in that. That intro to Sonic saying 'SEGA' was certainly iconic, and fills me with similar happy memories as the boot-up sequence of the PS1

I'm one for keeping a few well worn copies of games I've played to death rather than a huge collection that would take several lifetimes to work through. Nonetheless, it's an incredible museum.

Back