Worst Company in America Bracket 2012

I would have gone with Apple myself.If they are not careful they will accidentally sue themselves soon enough.

I think this tells more about the people who voted for this than the actual companies...

"A global economical and financial crisis? I'll let that one pass. But don't you mess with my video games!!"

This is ridiculous.

I think this tells more about the people who voted for this than the actual companies...

"A global economical and financial crisis? I'll let that one pass. But don't you mess with my video games!!"

This is ridiculous.
I agree, there's plenty more video games than EA makes/publishes. However, if it were a vote for worst video game company, EA would be a very good candidate.

Wow, I would have thought Zynga should be there.

Agreed. It no doubt will also increase that "Everyone thinks like I do and my taste in video games reflects the majority's!" echo-chamber effect amongst such people, I would imagine, too, even if only due to headlines like "EA is America's Worst Company" or suchlike...

However, if it were a vote for worst video game company, EA would be a very good candidate.
No doubt about that. They would also be a good candidate for a poll regarding general anti-customer practices, but I can think of a few other outfits who might beat them to that... :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the distinction here is that BoA is a bank: you know they are scum, you expect them to pull the tactics they have been. Zynga pretty much came out and said "we are scum totally just doing this for the money". EA, however, was there for the gamers, and still claims to be there for the gamers: the tactics they have started using in the last 4 or 5 years is completely uncharacteristic of the company that we grew up with through the 90s, making it feel like a betrayal.

It's worse when your best friend stabs you in the back than when the sneaky guy with the twisty mustache that always mutters to himself does. And by worse I mean makes for a better movie.

Back