Wrapping everything up!

Thanks for the update it's always appreciated. I can't wait for the finished product it will be worth the wait in my opinion. The VNC idea sounds great i'd like to mess around and get used to the OS that was made for it, Do you think you could also get the teamviewer for raspbian to work on the pyra? for the sake of the test at least.

Does the previous company have some kind of grudge against you or something? They're really feeling like they're trying to delay the Pyra as much as possible on purpose.
There's several possible reasons for the delay, here's ones i can think of off the top of my head:
  • ED's announcement of changing companies put them in a "meh" state where everything takes bottom priority
  • They are just incompetent
  • A lot of work came in, and they can't keep up with the work load.

There's several possible reasons for the delay, here's ones i can think of off the top of my head:
  • ED's announcement of changing companies put them in a "meh" state where everything takes bottom priority
  • They are just incompetent
  • A lot of work came in, and they can't keep up with the work load.

Irrespective of the reasons, and for the Pyra at least, they've been about as useful as a chocolate fire-guard.

AFAIR, both companies are meters away each from the other.
Ain't that true of every pair of companies, you could pick? Well, if there is a point in time, when both of them exist.

Irrespective of the reasons, and for the Pyra at least, they've been about as useful as a chocolate fire-guard.
As long as the chocolate is non-inflamable, that guard could throw itself onto the burning stuff, meld over it, and thus choke the fire. ;)

A company wasting time dictating and delaying how it should be paid? Never seen this before, companies usually do that when they have to pay, not receive.
I will be glad when this one is behind, had a feeling it would bring problem when it failed the very firsts deadlines.

Anyways, good news!

They have at least made the initial moulds, to a reasonably high grade and just failed when it came to fettling the fine details, which has to be worth something. It's a bit like Craig's involvement with the Pandora really, it wouldn't have come out at all without him I suspect and even if mweston did most of the hard lifting, craig did at least manage to put some units together and promote the unit to the degree I made my original preorder. It's only because he dropped the ball then started acting a dick about it that he's not profiting from that achievement in the minds of many of us.

Also, I'm not sure we've any evidence of their work beyond their work on the pyra. Other bits and pieces EDs had made directly have all been made by the new firm as far as I know.

Also, I'm not sure we've any evidence of their work beyond their work on the pyra

All true, although the Pyra is all I care about from what they do. Also I believe their speciality isn't small, intricate devices to be fair.

Beyond that, there's nothing they have done that other similar companies could not have done in their stead. But it's all a learning experience.

I think form faction is just pissed off because Ed is giving the production work to another company.

I can imagine being pissed off and be like "fuck it" if- after putting a lot of work in making something- it gets sent off to a competitor who then can and will take the credit for the end product.

Yeah, but pissed off is being slow in producing the parts, not making them, packing them up, arranging the courier then being slow in telling the customer you want more money. That's more like losing the will to live.

I think form faction is just pissed off because Ed is giving the production work to another company.

I can imagine being pissed off and be like "fuck it" if- after putting a lot of work in making something- it gets sent off to a competitor who then can and will take the credit for the end product.

It could be but if so, it senseless: ED is going to fulfill the agreement, so there is no reason to act like that.

Hearing that the Pyra is so close to being ready to ship is exciting enough that I re-registered my forum account after lurking for so damn long that my forum account had expired! I wonder how much longer until we find out how the pre-orders will be processed? I can't even remember how I pre-ordered mine...

Back