Www.pdroms.de

WhizzBang

Grotesque Peasant
Website
Visit site
I hadn't visited pdroms.de for a while but I went there today and they have now added the ability to give ratings to PD games and emulators and everything else - an excellent feature in my opinion. Anyway, I have just finished giving ratings to all the PD roms I could remember and thought I would give it a plug here to try to encourage others to give it a go.

There is a top 50 also so you can see what is currently voted as the cream of the crop (Puzzle Mix is the highest rated GP32 game at time of writing).

The ratings so far looked quite fair for GP32 roms, but there were so very under-rated GBA roms (such as Pocket NES, Pocket GB, ZX Advance, and Elite A New Kind).

well sorry to nag but most of us already know about that and it is kewl that you can rate but its just wierd that somebody would bring that up

Well, I am a little drunk, but I didn't know that, so there must be others. I brought it up because people are always asking "whats the best emulator/game/etc" so if people used the site a bit more maybe it would be easier to find these things. Most of the emus etc only have about 2 or 3 votes at the moment.

We just had a talk about that in #gp32dev today. I think it's good to mention it again - those voting thingies only make sense when used a lot. I wish more people would rate stuff.

brilliant! I didn't know about this - am checking right now

everyone should make an effort to vote so we get a well rounding rating. It would be nice to have user comments/reviews as well though

Fishbong posted on Sep 30 2004 at 01:50 PM said:
The voting option @ pdroms is indeed cool, but www.gp32spain.com has the same feature, a bigger download section and is much more often updated.
The main reason gp32spain has a bigger download section is because it contains pc apps and things like maps (which pdroms doesn't bother with). And yes it is updated more often, but it is still out of date (possibly more out of date than pdroms from what I can see - just doing a quick search for my stuff shows that one is completely missing and another is 7 months out of date). It is also in spanish, which makes things tricky for a lot of people ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The voting option @ pdroms is indeed cool, but www.gp32spain.com has the same feature, a bigger download section and is much more often updated.
My thoughts exactly. At GP32Spain you can see all games and apps including their ratings without having to click on them first. Most games have a screenshot too so it's easier to see if it's something you would want to download.
But it's an improvement and I hope pdroms will add those screenshots soon.

woogal posted on Sep 30 2004 at 02:32 PM said:
The voting option @ pdroms is indeed cool, but  www.gp32spain.com has the same feature, a bigger download section and is much more often updated.
The main reason gp32spain has a bigger download section is because it contains pc apps and things like maps (which pdroms doesn't bother with). And yes it is updated more often, but it is still out of date (possibly more out of date than pdroms from what I can see - just doing a quick search for my stuff shows that one is completely missing and another is 7 months out of date). It is also in spanish, which makes things tricky for a lot of people ;)

why don't people inform the major gp32 sites when they put out new stuff or updates?!

The main difference between gp32spain and pdroms is pdroms solely concentrates on the PD. There is no ambiguity and it does the job of presenting pd stuff very well.

I thought the Game and Watch compo was good, and wished there was more enthuisasm for it. I love Oankali's game Pyramids!

If GP32spain (according to woogal) isn´t actual, well, then tell me a site that IS!!!!

PS: I do understand spanish. But for downloading the stuff at GP32spain noone needs to understand anything!? :lol:

Back