WxPython

XxionxX

Website
www.mcdonaldranch.org
I am learning python, and I am having trouble finding the right GUI library. I would like my programs to work on as many of my devices as possible. WxPython seems to (from what I have read)run pretty well on a verity of OS types. I would like to make games, but mostly I would like to make apps like: chat programs, networking applications, etc. So will WxPython work with the Panda(I don't have mine yet)? I would feel pretty stupid learning something which would not work on my favorite machine.

Suggestions welcome!

Do you know if I can develop apps in PyQT and then compile them in C++ for Windows/Mac? I couldn't find a good answer to my question anywhere. If you know that this question has been asked before a link would be much appreciated. Thanks for your input!

Edit: I am totally not at the point I need it yet, but I think I found an answer to my question. If I understand the author correctly it is possible to compile your app cross platform, just a pain in the ass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know if I can develop apps in PyQT and then compile them in C++ for Windows/Mac?
No, because they'd be in Python and not C++.

So you'd have to ship the Python interpreter, Qt, and PyQt for Windows and OS X.

Probably the best thing to do would be to learn C++ as soon as is reasonable and use Qt directly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back