X-box On Pc-monitor?

Ringo

Website
Visit site
Hi,

I've just got a new monitor, so I've suddently got a spare.

So I was playing some mame on my X-box yesterday, and looked slightly over at my monitor which was beside my bar-closet in the corner...

I suddently got the Idea: "You could totally fit a monitor i the top of one of these bar-closets!" :p

I've been thinking about making a MAME-cabinet for some time (really... who hasn't). I figured using a spare X-box is cheaper than getting a low-end PC. And a that does work rather well for emulation.

However after doing some searching on the net I found out that it may not be that easy to convert a RGB signal to VGA. Aparently those converters you can get on Lik-sang.com doesn't give a good result on european PAL-equipment... something about progressive scan and interlace.

Anyway...
I wondered if anyone on this board have had any experience with this and can tell more about it... and if it infact is a problem at all. Maybe I've just misunderstood something.

Cheers

The original Xbox doesn't have VGA out. There are converters out that convert the component signals to VGA. I have had bad luck with it as the output was not very good. Some people claim to get ok results though.

Back