Release XPilot

Gruntfuggly

Mostly Harmless
Website
www.zaonce.com
I've just uploaded my first PNDs:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=xpilot.classic.client.gruntfuggly.001

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=xpilot.classic.server.gruntfuggly.001

You only really need the client - you can connect to a few servers running around the world, although there may not be anybody else playing these days...

If you install the server you can connect to it and practice. Run the server a second time to get a option to kill it.

Configuration options for the client are in /appdata/.xpilotrc

You can also choose different ship shapes from /appdata/.shipshapes

Default controls are:

Left/Right on dpad - rotate ship

Right shoulder - thrust

Left shoulder - refuel

B - fire

Y - hover (if you have an autopilot)

A - fire missile?

There are loads of other keys - you can find them from the Config->Keys menu in the game. They can be modified using the .xpilotrc file.

If anybody has suggestions for improving key mappings for the Pandora, please let me know.

I'll add some screen shots when I can work out how to capture them...

Warning: If you open one of the in-game windows (About, Keys, etc.) don't use the [X] button to close them or the application quits for some reason.

I tried that originally, but it doesn't seem possible to have different icons for each pnd? It's always bothered me that I can't tell which Mupen 64 icon is the emulator and which is the config settings, so I didn't want to have the same thing with this.

BTW - thanks for your help (along with ptitseb, and a few others) getting this running!

but it doesn't seem possible to have different icons for each pnd? It's always bothered me that I can't tell which Mupen 64 icon is the emulator and which is the config settings, so I didn't want to have the same thing with this.
It's possible, PtitSeb did it with one of his PNDs I believe... 

Not exactly, he did separate icon/start script only pnds for the various libre office components contained in a single pnd. I think this is a good approach, especially if packaging separately would increase overall pnd size (not sure whether this applies to xpilot).

Back