Yet another PCSX help thread (with some misc Pandora Qs at the bottom)

xk00zx

Still Fresh
Hey I just went through all the steps in this thread, and have a similar issue as the OP - I cannot get my bios file to be recognized by PCSX ReARMed (I have R19) - I just got the 1ghz edition pandora a couple days ago, and am trying to get it to work with some PSX games, HLE actually works quite well (a bit of very minor lag when starting battles/movies in FF7 - not much testing so far), and I placed the SCPH1001.BIN file properly in the /bios folder that PCSX made for me in appdata.. (also tried renaming it to lowercase, reacquired/copied it from 3 different sources) - I am familiar with bash (not an expert, but enough to get into trouble) and also tried deleting my .cfg file and restarting, but I'm kind of out of options - its probably something stupid, but I literally cannot select anything other than HLE in the menu and it refuses to recognize any file in the bios folder...

As a side note, I also don't know how to get the analog nubs working inside the emulator (they work fine as a mouse/clicker), don't know how to SU (my password doesn't work - I am assuming I need to setup a root user still), and absolutely love the idea/form factor of the pandora (had my eye on them YEARS ago) finally bit the bullet when I came across them recently and found they were available and ready to be shipped... (I wish I could have said I had faith in the project years ago, but it seemed too good to be true... [still does])

Do I need to do anything to the Pandora itself to get this emulator to work with the bios/nubs? Is there a PCSX FAQ/General help thread that I missed?

Thanks in advance...

Last edited by a moderator:
If your Bios file is valid and located correctly it should show up by default in the Bios/Plugins options menu. My Bios is called (including text case as it appears) Scph1001.bin and is 512.0 kB (524288 Bytes).

It's in pandora/appdata/pcsx_rearmed/bios

Assuming yours matches all that, and it wasn't a file that came with a different extension (like .zip) that was renamed rather than extracted, it should work. Double check the location, and in PCSX, try pressing left/right in the Bios/HLE option to see if it will cycle from HLE to it, if not then I'd try deleting PCSX and it's appdata folder, then redownloading and trying again.

The Nubs should work as analog sticks (bear in mind, loads of PS1 games predate the analog controller, and don't recognise analog stick controls). They can be switched to mimic the d-pad if you want, or alter various other settings in the 'controls' option you see when PCSX is started.

SU password should be the same as the one you entered when first starting your pandora (even if not activated)

Back