• Purple

• White

• Black

• Grey

• Beige

Results are only viewable after voting.

rygD

Nihilistic Mystic
Don't take this too seriously, it is just to help us get an idea for narrowing down choices for future polls. We still have a little wait.

I can't put enough choices to get every color, so if you like dark red, for example, pick red and add a comment.

You get three votes. Please only pick what you are serious about and would actually buy.

I am pretty open about which grey is used as long as it isn't too light. I prefer a cooler grey, but am happy with anything that is a medium grey all the way to just noticeably different from black.

For red I prefer things on the darker side.

I know this is a stretch, but Nintendo's Extreme Green, which is probably closer to yellow, is what I would love to see. If translucent isn't an option (I can always paint my clear case) I am cool with a bright neon green. It doesn't match the Pyra feel, but i like what I like.

I voted for red and blue, but actually only if they are dark.
I also voted for black but dark grey would be fine for me too.
Come to the dark side, young Pyra-one, and feel the power... ^^

Why does this exist?, did preferences change in the last several case polls from yesteryear?

@gpsqueeek on a search I found at least 9 different polls when searching Pyra case color poll. If you exclude Pyra before the naming it results in 3 pages worth of user polls.
[doublepost=1531423696,1531423647][/doublepost]
There is an ignore thread button.
Actually I have a Delete thread button as well...

It seems opinions haven't really moved; thus far at least dark grey seems to be a choice that wouldn't upset anyone just like before, but technically we didn't know that before we ran this.

As I said in the other thread though, I feel we could have fettled things a bit more and find renders for every choice before running another poll, but in this place everyone seems to like a good poll, so having an early one just to find out that we haven't really changed our opinions doesn't hurt.

I was genuinely curious. So far I think blue deserves more attention than it has received in the past. I know a couple people always mention it. I would like to see if it remains popular.

Another benefit, imo, is this gives those making renders/pics some ideas where to start with the color combos to try out. I wish I could remember which pieces were on which mold.

To be perfectly honest, revisiting an older thread would be ideal in this case as EvilDragon suggested to do so. I would like to (Eventually) move all the colour discussion to a new thread from the news post.. Time is a thing though and I'm too busy hiding in Venice, Italy right now :)

I voted Red and (light) Beige, something like this would be sweet, also when shut closed:
I think I've fallen in love...
love.png

I'm sure it'll look nice with black instead of beige too

I voted for my favourite section of the spectrum going from reddish orange over red to purple - the latter not blue-heavy, though. A swish dark red' still be my first choice. Safety Orange would be great, too.

A warm creamy beige I would love as accent colour for swish dark red.

Say it would be considered to offer the whole set of the plastic parts or subsets thereof to be bought on their own, I'd like to have an estimate on a retail price. Sensible thoughts on that, anyone? Would like to think on weather I'd rather buy just one other set (e.g. transparent for getting art-ish) or several to try different mixes.

Someone (levi?) suggested black for the immediate screen surrounding. I concur - though I'd say just something on the greyscale. Preferably almost white, halfway between black and white, black or the same brightness as the main colour (for some reference ambience spectrum, of course).
My reasoning is avoiding the distortion of on-screen colours via contrast.

From the previous dozen or so discussions of this, it was found that:
Dark red is generally more liked than light red.
Shades of really dark grey are equivalent to black.
Clear has a niche following. Does anyone else see irony that the only currently existing case, "color," is missing from the selections?
All other color wants are noise.
I still want glow in the dark.
Polls make some people irrationally upset.

I mentioned this in another thread but it should be an option to get pure white so the case can be dyed to any color. If not with a Pyra as a spare case with 5 styluses, that way you can use those to test with but are still usable if the color doesn't work out as emergency styluses.

There are a lot of sites explaining the process of dying plastic.

Back