Yinlips YDPG16 Android 2.3 Retro Handheld (Pre-order)

quartercast

Like the idea of a Yinlips handheld but hate the faux PSP-style form factor?

Introducing the YDPG16

Yinlips-YDPG16-Android-Retro-Handheld-3.jpg

Yinlips-YPDG16-Shoulders.JPG

Quoted from willgoo:

Specification:

• BOXCHIP A10 1.2G , Android2.3 OS; RAM:512M
  • 4.3" HD TFT double touch screen
  • Support 8bit NES / FC, GB, GBC; 16bit SMC, SMD, SFC / SNES; 32bit GBA, MAME; 64bit N64 and SONY PS games
  • Support 3D PSX (480X272); HD 3D (800x480) Android APK 3D games; Flash11games; Flash online games; support full screen touch games, direction and gravity sensor games, multi-player fight games
  • Dual camera for DC&DV function
  • Support gravity sensor direction
  • Full format audio decoding; multitask play; listen to music while reading e-book and playing games; multi-channel outputs
  • Support 1080P(1920x1080pixel)decoding;support RM/RMVB, PPTV, online TV and online movie
  • Support flash player11 flash online
  • Wi-Fi;quickly open any website, watch news, handle business, read and download online; support website flash display
  • Support E-mail, Office, Word, Excel; support multi-input and handwritten input methods; support QQ chat and video chat
  • Audio and video output (HDMI),HDMI 720P - 1080P HD output
  • E-book: Support TXT, Adobe, i-Reader and PDF
  • Clock, calendar
  • Picture browsing, 3D images switch
  • Directly support date sharing: HD movies in hard-disk, digital camera, mobile phones, Udisk, card reader. OTG function: Can link with printer

http://www.willgoo.c...rder-p-196.html

http://www.yinlips.c...tail.aspx?v=587

Some YINLIPS propaganda:

20120305152809755.jpg

20120305152822322.jpg

game_console_h4bjg.jpg

20120227170437847.jpg

20120305145855727.jpg

(Split in 2 posts due to image limit)

hey....its a rectangular psp case? what? how is this different from psp-esque?

You have to love the Chinese :D

2160p HD Display? :)

400% clearer than 1080p?

Umm... 1080p = 1920x1080... so... 2160p = 3840x2160 display resolution? Yeah, right :D

Aaaand it plays iPad games :) Neat :)

I love "smart and cute" :)

It says it's got a "humanised game classification management; optimised simulator" Can we get one of those in the pandora 2. :rolleyes:

Are all these Android handhelds showing up recently just the same PCB in a different case?
the JXD ones (S601, S7100) and the first yinlips (YDP-G18) are amlogic chips (AML8726-M3) 800mhz Cortex A9

the Yinlips upgrade (YDP-G18, and this YDP-G16) and the iGame are using the Allwinner (Boxchip A10) 1GHz Corex A8

all of them appear to be using the mali-400 GPU 400MHz

chipsets are the same, but the rest of the hardware is different enough to not allow you to boot kernels from one device to the other.

[rant] I've been messing around with my S601, it's underclocked stock at 600mhz, trying to get it to at least the chipset standard 800mhz if not overclock to 1ghz. Trying to hunt down the kernel source has been a pain in my ass for the past couple weeks. Amlogic is only partially complaint with GPL.. all the sources they have are out of date and doesn't have the arch for the meson3's http://openlinux.aml...ase/2011-12-20/ I haven't checked boxchip but I bet they're probally doing the same thing or worse.http://rhombus-tech....kernel_compile/ <-- guess it is just amlogic that's being dickholes... If you know a company that deals with Amlogic and has access to their private git please drop me a line so we can work something out[/rant]

I suspect the variances in the stock frequency are because of binning of the chips... would also explain some of the cheap ass price. I'm guessing (largely in the dark) that the reason they underclock some of these devices is because they're unstable at their intended frequency. And others like the yinlips upgrade 1.1Ghz O/C from 1Ghz + 400mhz = 1.5Ghz is probably of better quality. That's the only possible answer I can gather, if they're playing the Mhz game they would want the highest marketing possible right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, at least, they got one thing right:

Robert Garcia is a Winner! :p

EDIT: ANDROID, I believe in your suspects, seems it is something around that to me too.

EDIT2: oh... humanized game classification management: Optimized simulator...I should buy it just for that! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
this one does not seems to offer anything different, but at least it lost it's stupid fake PSP look, and that's it's greates advantage...

this just looks like the JXD S601 what are all over ebay for 50 quid, PSP styled hand helds running Android without the phone side of things.

are there not any of these Android consoles that do have the ability to use as a phone too? That would be the only reason id consider one

I was very close to buying the Xperia Play when it came out, but then i heard about it being discontinued and i was under the impression it was a bit flaky, prone to break.

I ended up getting an LG in the end.

Still kind of wish i had an Xperia Play though, but they fetch quite an amount now on the bay.

I'm really surprised there aren't more of these Android running handhelds, with the controls, AND with phone capabilities.

Surely that would be a winner.

its a shame eh, the potential was there to make the ultimate phone for people like us who want some real gaming controls. Which is why im surprised others haven't come up with similar devices which can have a PAYG SIM dropped in them.

All of these types of hand-helds have decent specs but one thing they don't offer is a community that's in it for the long game.

They may have forums for discussions but support soon falls away as new products are released and you are left with out dated software.

I've only had my Pandora for a few weeks but the level of support on here is fantastic, that coupled with regular updates of emulators is awesome.

And they seem to have other issues as well.

I've not tried the other Yinlips, but it seems to have a terrible audio lag... question is whether that will be fixed or not.

As usual, only very old GPL sourcecode is available, so a fix by the community is not that easy...

Back