Your avatar in PokerTH for Pandora

F_Slim

IDDQD
Hi all,

as you probably know, Mr Rob ported PokerTH to the Pandora (and put quite a lot of work into it):

http://boards.openpa...kerth-083-beta/

I suggested that it would be a cool idea to have all the important people behind the Pandora in the game, so you could play against them as AI. Mr Rob had an even better idea: just ask the whole community who wants to have her/his picture or avatar in PokerTH?

So this thread is to collect people's avatars or pictures. If you want a different picture than you current avatar, please post it here. Otherwise just state that you want your avatar. I will collect them all and send them to Mr Rob, so he can include them in the next release.

(Please keep discussions to a minimum here, to make it easier for me).

Keep in mind though that the avatars in PokerTH for Pandora are only (25x25px) EDIT: 50x50px. We can do the resizing for you, as long as you provide a squared image. But you may want to optimize the image yourself to prevent having just a colorful blob in the end ;)

cheers,

F_Slim

Edit: you can also PM me if you want

Edit2: sorry about the wrong pixel size

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not. :)

ene3z.png

Mr Rob had an even better idea: just ask the whole community who wants to have her/his picture or avatar in PokerTH?
Nice idea. How about an extenstion of that idea? Setup a path into the appdata directory and define a syntax for picture names.

This way everybody could include his favorites, friends and family like

01_EvilDragon.png

02_F_Slim.png

03_Gruso.png

04_Mom.png

05_Dad.png

06_Arthur_the_Dog.png

<Avatar Number>_<Ingame Name of Avatar>.png

Okay, I'll try to make a pokerface picture of me :)

However, I think it would be really cool to not only have the pictures, but also the AI dependant on the users:

This could be done with a simple script. I don't know exactly how the AI works in PokerTH, but if there are parameters about how risky a player is, etc., then each community member could define these parameters for himself and send them back to you :)

Keep in mind though that the avatars in PokerTH for Pandora are only 25x25px. We can do the resizing for you, as long as you provide a squared image. But you may want to optimize the image yourself to prevent having just a colorful blob in the end ;)
Erm, actually 50x50. My port (I have a new one in the works with some better layouts, haven't uploaded it yet) will shrink the size in Qt automatically so it's 25x25 on the screen (correctly now, too, I have some screenshots in the other thread). But the source pictures should all be 50x50 so they'll be properly sized for your opponents if you play a network game....

So Mr_Loon and Gruso should find a bigger picture. And don't worry if your image is bigger than 50x50; a simple imagemagick script before I deploy it can easily resize. So 50x50 or higher, just make sure it's square.

Okay, I'll try to make a pokerface picture of me :)

However, I think it would be really cool to not only have the pictures, but also the AI dependant on the users:

This could be done with a simple script. I don't know exactly how the AI works in PokerTH, but if there are parameters about how risky a player is, etc., then each community member could define these parameters for himself and send them back to you :)
Love it.

Hmm, I don't see the AI trick happening anytime soon. From a quick source read a minute or two ago, I don't think the AI is per player based. So for every turn, generate a random number and if that's above a 'bluff' threshold, then the AI bluffs, etc. So theoretically possible, would just include a rewrite of most of the AI engine, which would be a bit too much for me.

Also, about 3/4 of the comments written into the code is German, which makes it a bit harder to understand. Like so:

doch nich raisen, sondern nur checken, weil highestSets bereits sehr hoch !!!

that's more "DENGLISCH" than german but ok. :D

There stands something like: "not raise but only check, because of highestSets already very high" ...whatever this means. ^^

I guess the AI players are always the same ones, so if you have more than 9 players with their avatars, the other ones are not displayed anymore? or is there a random feature that just puts any player name and Avatar out of a pool?

I only found an option to rename the AI Players 1-10 but they are always the same ones at exact the same position on the table.

that's more "DENGLISCH" than german but ok. :D

There stands something like: "not raise but only check, because of highestSets already very high" ...whatever this means. ^^
Ha, exactly. Sometimes makes debugging a bit...interesting. I need to learn more languages.

I guess the AI players are always the same ones, so if you have more than 9 players with their avatars, the other ones are not displayed anymore? or is there a random feature that just puts any player name and Avatar out of a pool?

I only found an option to rename the AI Players 1-10 but they are always the same ones at exact the same position on the table.
By default, every player is called Player (some number), and the default avatar is the Poker TH chip. Under the configuration menu, you can set the icon for each user, and the name of each user. There's no mapping between them, and no 'randomly pick characters from the directory of images'.

I suppose I could set the default configuration to be certain avatars with names.

Ok Mr Rob, here is mine at 50 by 50 :

dmh.jpg

PS Still loving Poker TH on Pandora, it keeps teaching me the very valuable lesson that I'm nowhere near as good at hold 'em as I think I am. Two to Seven low Lowball was always my game anyhow.

Sorry about the wrong pixel size :unsure:

On my PC I always play against famous physicists (AI). As far as I can tell their abilities are randomly assigned. I actually think this is a good thing, since it takes a bit longer to figure the AI out this way. And it prevents any of our virtual selfs to loose everytime ;)

By default, every player is called Player (some number), and the default avatar is the Poker TH chip. Under the configuration menu, you can set the icon for each user, and the name of each user. There's no mapping between them, and no 'randomly pick characters from the directory of images'.
Yes, I know. But for the "Community feature" it would be neededd to put more than 9 Computer AI names in, together with their matching avatars, so every time you start a AI game, you have different AI opponents from the Community or just choose them naualy from a menu. :)

However, I'm already in the game as real player and I don't need to play against myself. :D My Avatar also looks bad in 25x25 px. ^^"

Yes, I know. But for the "Community feature" it would be neededd to put more than 9 Computer AI names in, together with their matching avatars, so every time you start a AI game, you have different AI opponents from the Community or just choose them naualy from a menu. :)

Ooooooooooooooooooh. Theoretically possible. I'll see what I can do.

Oh, heck, why not. :p Here's my usual, non-Christmas-themed avatar, shrunk down to 50x50;

Prometheus_50x50.png

I'm not sure if it's what you'd consider viewable enough, though... And also I've never played poker in my life. :p

@Prometheus, that should be large enough; here's an example of what it looks like (not yet in the repo, but in development):

Screenshot-PokerTH 0.8.3 - The Open-Source Texas Holdem Engine.png

So it's usually pretty clear who's who.

okay, the next release seems to be near, so I guess it's time to *bump* collect the last avatars :)

So far we have:

Gruso

Sugar_Kane

DaMummy

Mr_Loon

Prometheus

I will send one in ... and we are still waiting for ED to put on his pokerface B)

Did I forget anyone? Who else wants to be in the game?

[EDIT: a few from the german forum will also be added]

Back