Your Favorite Gp32 And/or Gp2x Game

christo930

What is your favorite homebrew game for the gp32 and gp2x game systems.

For the GP2X
Electronia, lady killer, fall down, ms driller

GP32 - Electronia - Arachnia, fall down, Ghostpix, Gianas return

I'm sure I'm forgetting some really good games that I spent a great deal of time with.

As you can see, I really like Electronia. I think this game could have been a commercial success had it been released on the GBA. Very well done with excellent graphics and good control. Sound could be better, but is ok. Lady Killer is also really good on both platforms. Fall down (especially the gp32) has that "one more time" effect despite such simple gameplay.

I really hope that since the wiz is compatible with the gp2x that the gp2x will get ports of Wiz homebrew games. The gp2x should be fast enough to run 2d homebrew games.

This could probably give aspiring new game developers an idea of what we like besides emulators.

Chris

You know, I could list lots of bad ass games. That's less fun than listing the first 5 that come into my head. (as fast as possible)

1:Leghumper
2:Lacuna (Must have on pandora)
3:Ghostpix
4:Drunken Arcade Master (whatever it was called)
5:Gigas Engine

OK, finished with that. I look back and realize that they are all (?) gp32 games. I guess that proves how much I like that stupid clicking stick.

Even more off topic than my first answer:anyone going to make it possible to use the gp32 as a pandroa controller.

I reckon Payback is a great game on th GP2X. Just love the game play and graphics the little handheld can achieve. Would be awesome if many other games are able to use the 2nd processor for it's graphics. :lol:

Tag5 posted on May 16 2009 at 10:23 AM said:
I reckon Payback is a great game on th GP2X. Just love the game play and graphics the little handheld can achieve. Would be awesome if many other games are able to use the 2nd processor for it's graphics. :lol:
Payback is pretty good, but I accidentally deleted it off of my gp2x and haven't had the cable handy to put it back. It's a shame he didn't do a 3d version, Quake runs ok, so a 3d version using the quake engine probably would have been fine. Generally I don't like 3d games, they are usually too confusing for me... But driving games are usually better as 3d and 3d was even simulated for driving games back in the day...

Last edited by a moderator:
gp32 games. I guess that proves how much I like that stupid clicking stick.

Even more off topic than my first answer:anyone going to make it possible to use the gp32 as a pandroa controller.
I did a search of the archive and I am not finding leghumper. I don't remember this one, could you post a link?
I never could get Lacuna, maybe I should give that one a try again, I know it was really popular.

Chris

christo930 posted on May 16 2009 at 10:49 AM said:
I did a search of the archive and I am not finding leghumper. I don't remember this one, could you post a link?
I never could get Lacuna, maybe I should give that one a try again, I know it was really popular.

Chris
Before you look at this link here is a warning:
This is a game you never want to play. Leghumper is terrible. The other games that were released with leghumper suck too. They were all released at the crap games competition. Don't play them.

http://gp32.sector808.org/gp32devcgc2005/

Sorry for those that click the link and play these games. I've played them all. I sadly kinda enjoyed it.

Back