Your Favorite Small Touch On The Pandora

waffles

Unachivement unlocked.
Website
Visit site
There is allot of things i like about the Pandora housing, but by far, my favorite is the "wheel" volume control.
for some reason, sliders refuse to work with me, ever.
So, what about you?
*waits for demo flood*

Dunno, never saw an actual Pandora yet. ;)

But in terms of features compared to othe handhelds... I guess I like the control and keyboard setup - it seems really well done (time will tell).

keyboard for me.
a lot of the homebrew ive used on psp and ds has been crippled by lack of keyboard.

hopefully pandora can rectify this.

I originally loved the metal analog nubs. If the quality hasn't gone down at all then it will still be my favorite feature (you could just see the quality in MWeston's video). If it has gone down considerably then it's a toss up between tv-out or the secondary SD slot.

Probably the volume wheel, although the internal microphone would be able to give it a run for it's money.

Of course, that's because things like USB, WiFi and Bluetooth (let alone the main chip) aren't really small touches, but everyone has their own definition, I imagine.

1 the intention of easing hw-hacking when designing the pcb has got to go first.. (and through that, all the stuff I'll have wet dreams of putting in)
2 the whole plethoric HID-system. it just feels so totally optimal.. or "ultimate" x)
3 ???????
4 the strap-hanger-hole I'll be cutting out in one of the corners..
5 profit!
(couldn't help it.. I was making a list!)

Everything. The fact I can't find a flow in the design at all (at least not now that it has built-in Bluetooth :) )

Probably the second analog nub. Or maybe the addition of bluetooth, that will be nice with a headset. :)

I don't believe I've ever posted before. :eek: Although I have been lurking since around the time I bought my GP2X. :gp2x

The volume wheel. I could go on for paragraphs about how great it will be to not have to mess with either annoying buttons or a volume menu. B)

Hmm... if I had to select a favorite "small touch", ignoring major stuff like specs and the keyboard and controls, it'd be the fact that the power button is all software, as is the volume wheel (well, I think the volume wheel is software. Not entirely sure.)

BigTruck said:
Hmm... if I had to select a favorite "small touch", ignoring major stuff like specs and the keyboard and controls, it'd be the fact that the power button is all software, as is the volume wheel (well, I think the volume wheel is software. Not entirely sure.)
The volume wheel is hardware (just a potentiometer). The GP2X volume control was software, and everyone hated it.

Last edited by a moderator:
mechanizeddeath said:
I don't believe I've ever posted before. :eek: Although I have been lurking since around the time I bought my GP2X. :gp2x

The volume wheel. I could go on for paragraphs about how great it will be to not have to mess with either annoying buttons or a volume menu. B)
Welcome!
i prefer the wheel because its easy to do large and small adjustments quickly, sliders just feel like a switch to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back