youtube

were not part of google, so we dont know what theyre planning with youtube, but pandora does have a web browser that can take you to google

I think there is a bug in the theTube pnd, it doesn't play videos right anymore. I noticed some time ago but forgot to mention it.

The author has already released a fix which you will find on "theTube" thread.

I have it running as we speak and it's now working again. I dont think it's currently available as a PND so you'll need to drag it into the appdata folder.

Hey guys, YouTube doesn't work at all for me on the Pandora. I will try updating the app like said above, but does it work for anyone while using firefox? the videos don't even play for me. It used to when I first got it, the framerate was really bad tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
Youtube runs terribly on my desktop computer nowadays.  It usually takes me a few refreshes before the video will successfully start playing, and then it'll only buffer about 1/8th of the video until playback reaches that point and it starts over.  Plus seeking backwards will screw up video playback until it's played up to a second after where I originally was, so seeking just doesn't work for me at all.  I think it might be cool if Google stopped doing anything.

Youtube runs terribly on my desktop computer nowadays.  It usually takes me a few refreshes before the video will successfully start playing, and then it'll only buffer about 1/8th of the video until playback reaches that point and it starts over.  Plus seeking backwards will screw up video playback until it's played up to a second after where I originally was, so seeking just doesn't work for me at all.  I think it might be cool if Google stopped doing anything.
Oh gosh that sounds awful. I don't get those problems thankfully, but in the past I did. Try updating all of your video drivers from your computer's model provider's website, and update the bios. YouTube has gone through some changes, and to be honest they all are quite crap. Now, and not just with my computer, clicking to pause hardly works, the layout just looks and feels awful, the comment system makes no sense anymore...gosh I can go on. Just it isn't the same and I don't go on as often as I used to. I wonder why YouTube gives your computer so many problems :/

How the hell.. would updating Video Driver and Bios fix YouTubes buffering problems? Blame Adobe Flash as its the likely culprit.

Your best bet is to use the html5 trial http://youtube.com/html5 and Apple Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla FireFox which works for some but not all videos sadly.

How the hell.. would updating Video Driver and Bios fix YouTubes buffering problems? Blame Adobe Flash as its the likely culprit.

Your best bet is to use the html5 trial http://youtube.com/html5 and Apple Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla FireFox which works for some but not all videos sadly.
This took three seconds and has drastically improved Youtube.  What the shit.  HTML5 is finally being used somewhere I'll notice?

Thank you, now seeking is instant and doesn't freeze anything, and the video buffers all at once at the start.  I'll have to use this for a while before I'll know if this "forgets" what's been buffered and has to start over like Youtube has always tended to for me, but I have a good feeling about this so far.

Also I can't update my BIOS or video card drivers, my motherboard is ancient and the newer models of my video driver screw up bitmining.

HTML5 trial has been going for about 4 years.. and its still.. a trial but i'm glad it helped :)

I always close firefox before playing a video on TheTube. TheTube plays way faster and smoother when it it closed. Make sure to copy the link into a notepad as for some reason, the copy paste option is lost when firefox is closed.

One thing I have noticed when trying to run youtube within firefox, is that the sound never plays for me.

I was only saying what worked for me. and it tells you to do this in the YouTube FAQ. Don't shoot the messager boy jk :p , just saying what worked for me. I was trying to be helpful. Anyways it seems like you had found the solution anyways. I obviously don't know as much about this stuff as you.

Later on

Come to think about it, I did manually enable HTML5 a year or 2 ago, and maybe that is what solved the problem for me. I was taking a networking class during the time, but it was sure a lot of information, I have forgotten quite a bit over the years.

Back