Release Zaxxon Hotfix 7 Alpha 2 - Merry Christmas :)

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Here is another little christmas present from me to you all: HotFix 7 Alpha 2, ready for testing.

Even though it says Alpha, it should be pretty stable :)

Here are the changes compared to HotFix 6 Final:

* MiniMenu: Now reading the PNDs WAY faster, this reduces the startup speed a lot if you have many PNDs on your card!

* MiniMenu: Remembers the last selected application now.

* Charging: As some had issues with getting less time out of the battery since HF6, one patch has been reverted. So charging should hopefully work good for everyone once again.

* Touchscreen: notaz tweaked the touchscreen and it is now WAY more responsive. The system feels way faster thanks to that :)

* notaz' SDL now included in the firmware

* Some other tweaks and bugfixes.

The most notable things are of course the touchscreen fix and MiniMenu speedups.

Please test it and report back :)

Known bugs:

* In some cases, MiniMenu doesn't show icons on first run after a reboot.

Thanks of course to notaz and skeezix for these updates!

Here's the download: Zaxxon Hotfix 7 Alpha 2 Flash

As this is a full flash, it will delete all your personal settings and files that are stored on the NAND! Be sure you don't have anything important there!

To install it, simply extract the archive onto the root of your SD Card.

Insert the SD Card into the left slot. Keep R (shoulder) pressed while switching on your Pandora and select "Boot from SD1"

If "Boot from SD1" doesn't appear, try to reformat the SD Card using Panasonic SD Formatter, recopy the files and retry.

You can also use the SD Installer and run HF7a2 off SD Card.

Grab the image needed for the SD Installer here

Don't forget to grab the latest kernel as well in this case.

Enjoy
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
so its being downloaded, i hope this will fix the bug from my pandora whit the wifi chip who dosnt work.., i wants to reflash the device.., and whit hotfix 7 this is even bether..

I'm installing it right now into my pandora.

It was true that with previous fw battery was draining quick.

this is the second try to download it, on the first try my lenovo sad: "there are no files in this zipped folder, put some files in and then extrakt they" (the computer said this in German Languidge, so i dont know how to translate it in english, but i gave it anoter try, aktually its at 60 % and i need 21 minutes to finish the download..

Mybe i flash the pandy tomorow..., but i have vakations because christmas, so i have a lot time..

Wow the new fw is amazing the screen quality looks improved and color look more vibrant.

Everything is running so fast and quick first we get firefox 9.0 getting faster and great browsing and now this fw or man we got 2 presents for christmas.

Another one is for caanoo getting fba2x emulator and that is really cool.

This what i call mega happy christmas and happy new year to everyone and the community and to you ed for a nice fw.

So, the second download was Sucessfull.. "i made a note here: Susecc.."

I hope the next hotfix brings a new os: Glados, this would be great :)

Mary Chrissmas

Version 12 of notaz' PSX emulator iis out.

Hotfix 7 Alpha 2 is out.

-> GREAT CHRISTMAS

In HF6, i noticed at some point, PNDstore stopped to ask for root password, to it was impossible for me to upgrade software located in /usr/pandora/apps .

Last edited by a moderator:
This fw has problem when you go to mini menu and set cpu speed on a emulator it stays the same and doesn't change when you apply it.

2nd problem is when you start any emulator it won't start and goes back to mini menu.

Ummm... I've been playing SNES, PSX, PicoDrive from MiniMenu... why should emulators not start from there?

Don't forget to grab the latest kernel as well in this case.
Why is a manual copy of the kernel needed ?

Only if you wanna run this off the SD card.
But we never had to do this before. Why is this needed now ? Why isn't it included in the rootfs archive ?

It isn't, unless you want to run off the SD card, which is useful for preserving the NAND or for experimentation. We've been able to do this since the first Pandora shipped. I dunno about not including it in the rootfs, though.

Wow. Thanks a bunch for this, and another mega thanks for your hard work and dedication ED (also to the rest of the OP team). Merry Christmas to you, and Merry Christmas to all!

Back