Zelda Link To The Past On Caanoo Problem

bux

Still Fresh
Hi, When I play Zelda Link to the Past on the Snes emulator on my Caanoo I get a problem when I exit the house at the start the graphics are incorrect and shows as just a blue screen with rain falling and some enemies/soldiers about the place. Can anyone tell me if it's a matter of me changing the settings in some way or is it more likely I have a bad rom? Thanks

Haven't played it but generally this problems are generated by the frameskip... have you tried to disable it?
-Roberto

DJRoby4 said:
Haven't played it but generally this problems are generated by the frameskip... have you tried to disable it?
-Roberto

Problem solved! Thankyou Roberto.. I don't know if it was the frameskip what did it as I changed a number of things but anyway it now looks as it should and runs great! :)
..Have had the Caanoo for about a month now and I like it more each day. Really nice little fun console

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really happy that you like the caanoo! :D It's the same for me! :D
Just a little thing: the frameskip option is in all the emulators, it means that the emulator skips some frames to make the game run faster but, obviously, sometimes causes glitches! :D

DJRoby4 said:
Thanks yoshi for the correction! :)

Thanks very much guys!
..Now to play some classic Zelda... :lol:

Zelda III is one of my all time favorites (if not the best game ever). I spent weeks when it came out, back in 1991. Internet was not born at this time, so I used the phone a lot to call my friend. ;)

Btw, if you have problems with some SNES games, you should also try compatibility instead of fast mode. I use fast mode by default and switch to compatibility if necessary. The Caanoo Emu Pack has 2 menu entries with different titles for PocketSNES Fast and Compatible. Only one directory contains the emulator and games, the second directory just invokes the other binary. Check it out.

Yoshi Dragon said:
Zelda III is one of my all time favorites (if not the best game ever). I spent weeks when it came out, back in 1991. Internet was not born at this time, so I used the phone a lot to call my friend. ;)

Btw, if you have problems with some SNES games, you should also try compatibility instead of fast mode. I use fast mode by default and switch to compatibility if necessary. The Caanoo Emu Pack has 2 menu entries with different titles for PocketSNES Fast and Compatible. Only one directory contains the emulator and games, the second directory just invokes the other binary. Check it out.

Great stuff matey! Thankyou for doing this

Back