Beta Zim - The Desktop Wiki

mindlord

Notices Two Things
Website
Visit site
No changes were made to the source this is a simple package job of version 0.49

Zim Homepage
Zim is a graphical text editor used to maintain a collection of wiki pages. Each page can contain links to other pages, simple formatting and images. Pages are stored in a folder structure, like in an outliner, and can have attachments. Creating a new page is as easy as linking to a nonexistent page. All data is stored in plain text files with wiki formatting. Various plugins provide additional functionality, like a task list manager, an equation editor, a tray icon, and support for version control.

Zim can be used to:

* Keep an archive of notes
* Take notes during meetings or lectures
* Organize task lists
* Draft blog entries and emails
* Do brainstorming

Zim handles several types of markup, like headings, bullet lists and of course bold, italic and highlighted. This markup is saved as wiki text so you can easily edit it with other editors. Because of the autosave feature you can switch between pages and follow links while editing without worries.
Download

awesome.
I was waiting patiently for that one ;)

will test in a few ;) (hours/days...)

EDIT: well that was minuts :D
The pnd is shown in the games>actions category which is damn wrong.
The app dont start. To make it work, you have to create a .../pandora/appdata/zim/zim directory.

sebt3 said:
awesome.
I was waiting patiently for that one ;)

will test in a few ;) (hours/days...)

EDIT: well that was minuts :D
The pnd is shown in the games>actions category which is damn wrong.
The app dont start. To make it work, you have to create a .../pandora/appdata/zim/zim directory.

Crap. I guess I uploaded the wrong version of the pnd. I'll fix it and reupload.
I've uploaded a new version that creates the folder and corrects the menu location. It has not yet It is now updated on the server. Zim-0.49-1.

Last edited by a moderator:
It also doesn't work for me. It starts up and asks me to create a Notes directory, so I pick a place on my SD card, not in ~ like it wants to by default. Then I click ok, and it goes back to desktop.

I don't want it to save stuff to NAND.

Code:
sudo /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -m -p /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/menu//zim.pnd -e ./zim.sh -b zim
not mounted on loop yet, doing so
LoopMountedon: 
/dev/loop0
Filetype is Squashfs
Mounting PND (mount -t squashfs) :
/dev/loop0 on /mnt/pnd/zim type squashfs (ro)
Filesystem is vfat
Mounting the Union FS using /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/zim as Write directory:
mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs=/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/zim=rw+nolwh:/mnt/pnd/zim=rr none /mnt/utmp/zim
none on /mnt/utmp/zim type aufs (rw,si=6189b677,noplink)
none on /mnt/utmp/zim type aufs (rw,si=6189b677,noplink)
[------------------------------]{ App start }[---------------------------------]
WARNING: Can not import 'xdg.Mime' - falling back to 'mimetypes'
WARNING: Filesystem encoding is set to ASCII or Latin1, using UTF-8 instead
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./zim.py", line 45, in <module>
    zim.main(argv)
  File "/mnt/utmp/zim/zim/__init__.py", line 300, in main
    notebook = zim.gui.notebookdialog.prompt_notebook()
  File "/mnt/utmp/zim/zim/gui/notebookdialog.py", line 44, in prompt_notebook
    list.write()
  File "/mnt/utmp/zim/zim/notebook.py", line 111, in write
    self.file.writelines(lines)
  File "/mnt/utmp/zim/zim/fs.py", line 997, in writelines
    self._writelines(lines)
  File "/mnt/utmp/zim/zim/fs.py", line 1022, in _writelines
    file = self.open('w')
  File "/mnt/utmp/zim/zim/fs.py", line 839, in open
    fh = FileHandle(tmp, mode=mode, on_close=self._on_write)
  File "/mnt/utmp/zim/zim/fs.py", line 1276, in __init__
    file.__init__(self, path, **opts)
IOError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/mnt/utmp/zim/zim/notebooks.list.zim-new~'
[-------------------------------]{ App end }[----------------------------------]
cleanup done

This happened to someone else on the other forum:
It looks like the appdata folder is unwritable. If you're using FAT32 or NTFS that's a headscratcher.
If you're using EXTFS it's a permissions problem do:
Code:
sudo chown -Rh [YOUR USERNAME]:[YOUR USERNAME] /media/[CARD NAME]/pandora/appdata
That should ensure that you own your own appdata folder and everything under it. This can happen when the appdata folder itself is created by libPnd. Sometimes it gets created by root permissions instead of your own.

Okay, I will give that a try.

How do I find out what I'm using? I don't remember how I formatted it now.

EDIT: though ext2 is the most likely candidate... I remember a thread where people recommended that here on the forum.

Ok, I put what you said into the terminal. I got a whole bunch of messages like "chown: changing ownership of '...': operation not permitted."

The program still doesn't start.

Esn said:
Ok, I put what you said into the terminal. I got a whole bunch of messages like "chown: changing ownership of '...': operation not permitted."

The program still doesn't start.

Please post the output of

Code:
ls -l /media/[CARD NAME]/pandora

and

Code:
ls -l /media/[CARD NAME]/pandora/appdata

(in the 2nd case only the line with zim is important)

Had the same issue as Esn above, but was able to fix it on Hotfix5 using this handy link from the other board:

eyecreate said:
hm...try this pnd and see if anything changes...after you reboot your pandora(if you haven't between then and now)
http://www.mediafire.com/?c3ygjgem79gvn45

I had wanted to get Zim working so that I could have an offline version of wikipedia in my pocket; does anyone know how to import the '.zim' archive from here: https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Wikipedia:Database_download#Kiwix out of the kiwix format and into something that our version of Zim can recognize?

Aurekana said:
I had wanted to get Zim working so that I could have an offline version of wikipedia in my pocket; does anyone know how to import the '.zim' archive from here: https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Wikipedia:Database_download#Kiwix out of the kiwix format and into something that our version of Zim can recognize?
This is not the same thing. I looked it over and Kiwix should compile on the Pandora. I will take time tomorrow to test this out. If all goes well PND of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Offline Wikipedia by the weekend.

Hate to bump an old thread but I wanted to start using this app and it's throwing all kinds of errors. Wondering if it might be possible to get a new build?

Back