Zx Spectrum Emulator

NEIL L

I was just wondering, has anybody tried running 'ZX Advance' or 'Foon' on the Wiz GBA emulator?
You put the original spectrum file (Z80) into it, redefine the keys for each game, press the button and it outputs a .gba file (or a .res file in Foon, just change it to .gba)
I ran both .gba files on my PC GBA emulator and they run fine, but just goes back to the menu screen on the Wiz.
I thought if it worked it would fill a gap until a 'proper' speccy emulator is released for the Wiz.
It's quite a good emulator as you can redefine the keys for each game. (As the new speccy emulator should do, if released).
Any help would be gratefully accepted.

tried foon but didnt work for me, would love a speccy emu.
Chance to play my old games again wold be great

Foon does work as long as you zip it first, but the screen scaling is a pain in the a**.
I tried zipping ZX Advance, it loads but when you choose a game from the menu they won't play.
With any luck we'll have a proper ZX Spectrum emulator on the Wiz soon. (Is anybody working on one?)

Neil L said:
Foon does work as long as you zip it first, but the screen scaling is a pain in the a**.
I tried zipping ZX Advance, it loads but when you choose a game from the menu they won't play.
With any luck we'll have a proper ZX Spectrum emulator on the Wiz soon. (Is anybody working on one?)

I'm going to be making a ZXSpin-alike for the Pandora, but have no plans for the Wiz. If I release the source, someone else might port it but you might be best getting FUSE ported instead.

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunny said:
Neil L said:

I'm going to be making a ZXSpin-alike for the Pandora, but have no plans for the Wiz. If I release the source, someone else might port it but you might be best getting FUSE ported instead.

D.
@Dunny
By your avatar I could guess you would be involved in a Speccy emu.
JSW right?

@Neil
Thanks for the tip of zipping the files. I've give that a go.
Need to play laser Squad again :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back