Pandora Lifecasting From The Pandora

richandcreamy

Still Fresh
My main interest in the Pandora is to use it as a MID. I'd rather have a Pandora than a netbook. I know I can connect a webcam via usb and I plan to pick up a verizon mifi so I just need a way to broadcast that stream over the internet. It seems like there's no flash for the Pandora web browser so could I use some sort of linux based webcam app to somehow stream?

I'd love to get into lifecasting but don't want to carry a clunky setup around! (Since I'll be taking this clubbing)

Looking to rig up something like this in the future http://gizmodo.com/5323597/a-first-person-view-into-the-future a HUD in so if I could run the Pandora while it's closed that would be awesome too!

Would Skype work with the Pandora? I'm sure there's some skype hacks out there so I can stream.

What else would I have to consider in this rig? I usually wear coats with several pockets so I plan to carry an extra battery, a USB hub, maybe GPS so I can use loopt or brightkite? I like 4square the best myself though.

Thoughts?

Thinking about adding a blue tooth adapter too. Maybe using a http://www.zeemote.com joystick or http://theperegrine.com/ glove for control of Pandora. Since it has TV out I really hope I can run it while it's in my pocket!

Sadly, Skype is closed-source, so there's currently no way to get Skype on the Pandora.
There are free ways to stream video from the Pandora, but as you guessed, most video-oriented sites just use Flash because they're retards, so it might be difficult.

You could at least record video to an SD card and upload it the next morning.
Frankly, I'm not clear on who would want to watch someone else go clubbing in real-time. I'd rather wait for the edited version of the video, myself.

There should be a Skype version for the nokia n900 "soon" so maybe that could be hacked to run on the Pandora. Borth are OMAP3 based so who knows...

EDIT: corrected n800 to n900. Was talking about the new version of course

marshal said:
There should be a Skype version for the nokia n800 "soon" so maybe that could be hacked to run on the Pandora. Borth are OMAP3 based so who knows...

um ive had skype on my n800 for a very long time. infact since i bought the thing two years ago. maybe your talking about a different handheld.

Last edited by a moderator:
@lulzfish yeah I need to invest in a new video rig. I gave up my last camcorder to pursue photography. I'm not sure who would want to watch either unless I'm at a concert or something but hey I don't know why people follow me on twitter either. I've been told I'm funny and I hope that means haha funny and not wow watch this retard haha.

But I'm also interested in augmented reality stuff and pushing mobile computing to it's limits.

I've heard of andriod apps running on ubuntu and other distros sometime down the line. What's the possiblity of that coming to the Pandora? Sounds physically possible, but does that mean somewhat emulating andriod?

What's the possiblilty of runnning n900 aps?

Even if I can't stream I'll still pick up a Pandora to tinker with.

IDK, lifecasting sounds a little... risky, IMO, but the Pandora would be ideal for that kind of thing. I wish I could remember something relevant to this conversation, really, I had it in my head... Oh yeah, where exactly would you put your camera?

EDIT:
NVRMND:

Wearcompevolution.jpg

Back