October the 18th (2010-08-28)

Didn't notice it's been sponsored by Retro Gamer (love that mag). Could be a very good Idea for some Pandora devs to make an appearance :)

p.s tried to add it to the community calendar but messed up the first one. Can one of the devs please delete it thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update Craig & Ed. On the cases front, did you get some sent air mail and then the bulk via surface? I wonder if you have had a chance to compare quality? I was very impressed with the case on my one nubber, the small screen bezel issue was a shame, but for such a small scale electronics device, the case quality was far higher than expected. I wonder if the new batch of cases have kept the standard?

On the "Team updates front" one challenge I had previously with GP2x and the blog, and then pandorapress, is that I couldn't be sure what the actual status was. The official blog is normally a bit behind a quick forum post, so would it be possible to have a sticky thread here, "Latest production news" where you share the latest news in one spot? This would reduce the amount of forum stalking needed, and I could be sure the info was from an official source.

Tusen Takk.

C_S

On the "Team updates front" one challenge I had previously with GP2x and the blog, and then pandorapress, is that I couldn't be sure what the actual status was. The official blog is normally a bit behind a quick forum post, so would it be possible to have a sticky thread here, "Latest production news" where you share the latest news in one spot? This would reduce the amount of forum stalking needed, and I could be sure the info was from an official source.

I plan on setting up an official updates section here, where only we can create new topics and users can reply.

This makes quick updates easy and fast :)

New york, Sanfran, Vegas and LA
Have a thing for cities? New York is cool as is SF. Vegas is a tourist trap and LA, well, enjoy the traffic. No Thanks. I avoid LA like the plague.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

PS A suggestion after you arrive in SF is drive N on the 101 or 1 up the coast. Skip LA. Have fun regardless, be safe.

I've got my ticket booked for r3play, just going for the saturday

Hi not been up to date for awhile, is there any news on the new nubs? I'm still wondering when to return my pandora to Craig again.

Changed it for ya ;)
No, LA is a tourist trap too, hence the and.

Thanks for trying. Lived in Vegas for 4 months in 2004. Reno was heaven compared to that place.

That's just me though.

Back on topic:

Like the idea of this new section.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

Hi not been up to date for awhile, is there any news on the new nubs? I'm still wondering when to return my pandora to Craig again.

Well, the prototypes just have been finished last week and now they're into heavy testing.

After that, it's MP time.

Just in time for my birthday 10/31. I would say I can't wait. But I'm still here, so that proves otherwise.

I had a vivid dream my Pandroa arrived by UPS, I had the package in front of me ready to open, camera ready to take shots.. then I woke up *(#^@$#^$!!^%!!!!!!

I'm really doubtful that they can pull of sending 3000 boards in the five weeks that are left. We'll se...

Sweet. I see my Pandora coming closer and closer... ;)

Looking forward to dig my teeth into the SDK.

I am also doubtful of the dates given. Its nothing personal to the pandora team but these suppliers seem to never get it right.

They have 23 days to supply my preorder until it turns into a 2 year preorder. I am thinking I will be over the 2 year mark.

So the current status is that the nubs and boards are being tested but we don't know for sure when new boards will be shipped. Could be early next week or later. According to the chineese company 4000 cases have been produced and painted, we havn't seen any pictures of theese so we can't know for sure, but it seems reasonable that this is the case. However we don't know when they will be shipped and when they will arrive (depending of means of transportation). The only thing we know for sure is that when the cases and the boards arrive OP-team will work like crazy to build and ship them. We just have to wait for more news from Fatih and the board company.

Back