I must admit I did not like the GPD Win very much. Build quality, unusable keyboard and quite bad performance.
The GPD Win 2 is really really great for me. The best gaming handheld device by far I've ever owned.
I hardly can think of any improvements. Backlit keyboard maybe. Thats all...
After 2 months in use I wanted to share my impressions with the GPD Win 2.
Overall, I am very satisfied with the device.
- Modern games: It is great fun to play modern games with the device using eg. steam. Games like FIFA18, Rocket League, but also Civilization (I tested CIV V and my beloved...
Never used a GPD XD. For me the D-pad is good. But I am not a D-pad afficionado. I found Pandora's D-pad ok. The D-Pad on the Nvidia Shield as well. And also this one.
Regarding positioning: No Problem for me. The new layout is fine. But i did not spend that much time to really answer this...
I received my Unit 2 days ago. And I must admit: Wow!
It is better than the Win1 in every aspect. And it solved the main weaknesses of the Win1:
1. bigger screen (useful for using Windows properly)
2. far better keyboard
3. far more power (played FIFA 18 last night and it was great)
They published a new website stating that preordering is starting in 2 weeks
Interesting news. I backed this one (as I did with pyra and the GPD Win 1 and 2 - sold the GPD1 in the meantime) and doubted it for quite a while. But now I am looking forward to seeing this...
Such a newspost would be awesome, but I strongly doubt it. Still think, ED needs a bit more time. But I believe a positive newspost would be extremely helpful in the light of the upcoming "rival" GPD Win 2 in order not to lose ground.
I backed the campaign (and sold the Win1 at the same time)
I expext the Win2 doing certain things better than the Win1 did. In my opinion the Win1 had 3 major problems:
1. The Atom processor was not powerful enough to guarantee a satisfying Windows 10 performance.
2. The screen was a bit too...
Got mine today.
- Build quality is far better than expected (definitely more nicely done than eg the pandora)
- Machine works well (I have just been configuring windows and installing steam and games. Works fine. But no clue how battery life is during gaming)
- Fan seems do...