1.99 V Mod

worldwriter

Grumpy
Website
Visit site
Gregger at mashmods.com has told me that he would be willing to take a second look at my gp32 at try to get it to 166 in opensnesgp... the thing is... he wants permission to take it to 1.99 v instead of his normal 1.95 v mod...
could someone with voltage experience tell me if they think this is safe? if safe... what returns do you think a gp32 that gets 166 in everything but opensnesgp would get going from 1.95 to 1.99? 180mhz?

if its covered by a gaurentee [how the hell do you spell that?] then go for it, if not I'd think about it and find out just how safe it is.

Mine is over 1.99 and it's worked fine for several months now.

I guess I would make sure he will do something about it if he fries it.

tekt5 posted on Dec 10 2004 at 10:12 PM said:

wouldn't that be a guarentee <_<
Do you have a point or was that a +1

Last edited by a moderator:
jonjandran posted on Dec 10 2004 at 09:17 PM said:
tekt5 posted on Dec 10 2004 at 10:12 PM said:

wouldn't that be a guarentee <_<
Do you have a point or was that a +1

Yeah, both of his posts here are mostly PC+1s ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
the thing i'm getting is that the bloke from mashmods says he'll take it to 1.99 if worldwriter says he could (with the implication being, if it fries, it's worldwriter's fault, because he said ok.)

so. what worldwriter is asking is: should he do it? and he's specifically asking people who know something about it.

he has no guarantee against frying. that's why he is asking us.

personally, I dunno. good luck with it though, WW...

1.99volt will not harm it direcktly, but it MAY shorten its livetime a bit. the specs say up to 1,95, so 1,99 is only very slightly out of the rang, i dont think you will notice any problems with it.
i would go for it.

Back