13 keeps killing my smc :(

blankman

Still Fresh
I have been loving the castawat Atari ST emulator but it seems that in a one day period playing around on it and testing many different games I have had to reformat my card twice because of something weird a glitchy game or a corrupt savestate did to my SMC...

the first time i had 2 savestates on the card i restarted the emulator and it froze after the title screen on some loading savestate check 106 or something.. the second time it corrupted most of my card and when i turned my gp32 back on and off it couldn't even find the freelauncher and i had to reformat again..

Is there anything I can do aside from not using this great emulator to avoid data corruption and other SMC deathbringing side effects..
thanks!

love all the great work!

I think the reason why your getting the "cold shoulder" is because some of us might be clueless as to what to do.
I admit that this is the first problem like this I have seen using the castaway emu.
Could it be the brand of smc you have??
Are you sure its only that emu and not the smc itself. It may be a faulty smc. *This I have seen alot of*
I use viking, and sandisk. Both are reputable and decent.
Maybe its the brand...I honstly don't know...and I ve had my GP32 for a while now.
Anyone else out there with any thoughts as to how we can help this guy??

thanks for adding merit to my post by replying. This EagleTec may not be the best SMC but it has only corrupted files when dealing with save games on doom or castaway... i hope this is only my card but since castaway writes to the smc on the fly in certain games im guessing its some old assed virus in one of those packed st games..

mmm i just saved a save state in castaway and it corrupted the last program that i installed ie Doom 8, the program name od doom is all jumbled letters and it doesnt work any more, i'll try reinstall doom8

CaSTaway does not write to the SMC on the fly. The disc images is modified in memory at all times. It is only saved to SMC when you choose that from the menu. Save states also work in the same way.

Are you overclocking the CPU by any chance?

Ya of course i overclock ;) It hasn't happened since those first 2 times.. im guessing it was due to me deleting files via another file manager on the gp.. one time im sure it was a save gone bad amidst an overclock.. :lol:

Back