14 hour mini 'life' camera?

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
Does anyone know if such a thing as this exists:

A mini camera, probably the size of an iPhone, which you can clip on your clothing (or conceal within your clothing) which records constantly for about 14 hours to SD @ 24fps with sound, so you can essentially record your entire life?

The only thing that seems to come close to that description that I've seen, would be this critter from Firebox.com, but it only shoots for three hours on one charge, not fourteen...

It does seem to exceed what you're looking for with some of its features, but I'm not sure if that makes up for the lacking runtime. :p

Pandora + a small webcam might be able to do this.

The only thing that seems to come close to that description that I've seen, would be this critter from Firebox.com, but it only shoots for three hours on one charge, not fourteen...

It does seem to exceed what you're looking for with some of its features, but I'm not sure if that makes up for the lacking runtime. :p

They have missed out on a real trick there, I wonder why no one has made such a device. It would be pretty cool rewinding your whole life.

^ Less rewinding, but it would certainly be cool to be able to make video how-tos or whatever in such an easy fashion. It'd be pretty revolutionary for teaching some trades, no doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just as long as one didn't forget to remove said camera when going to the loo.Some things should not be caught on film.

There has been tiny spy camera's around for a while not sure of the battery life though.

I've got a some "spy" glasses, polarized sun glasses with a tiny camera built into them, which I wear while driving just in case of accident. It records at about 3GB/hour, and the battery only lasts about an hour as well.

I'm toying with the idea of trying to make a prototype of this.

I'm also wondering about making it 3D too.

Rather than reading about a hotel, a location or a holiday etc. you could just watch someone

else's experience of one in a first person perspective, then decide if you want to go. Interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure your not anywhere near police though - otherwise you'll get done for wiretapping

Check out Techmoan's youtube channel (he reviewed the Pandora in HD with Piano music playing Aeons ago) as he carries detailed reviews of ALL of the available SPYcam or MiniHDcam type products with detailed video comparisons of their footage.

Here's one that maybe of interest :

https://www.youtube.com/embed/videoseries?list=FL8HcuG4iC7eZ1Hppg8nUXuQ

You'll be hard pressed to find battery life like your after though, so perhaps a mod with Pandora batteries is required? :) Or do as Mcobit said and find a way to run a similar Spycam/webcam via Pandora somehow.

Why don't you just contact the government and ask for your files?

"AHA! you see, I told you I was on the toilet between 17:13 and 17:20, it says so on page 12,044, it was medium beige, partially segmented and of varying consistency"

Back