2 Quick Questions?

C

chrisnic0

Hi, noob questions but hey...

1. What the best 17" LCD monitor I can get for about £250/300 /what do u guys have?

2. Is the HD for PS2 and the network adatper out for PAL PS2? ( I think i live under a rock in a cave in a desert)

Cheers guys any suggestions welcome

NiCo

I just bought one. Just hit ebuyer and find the cheapest ones. Ignore the £300 stuff because £200 is largely identical unless you're the type to notice bad Contrast Ratios or a few dead pixels. Myself, I don't notice them so I don't mind saving a hundred quid.

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/in...oduct_uid=52611
is £185 inc. VAT with a fairly good CR/brightness and 160 degrees is a very nice viewing angle.

If your card supports it, though, it's worth shelling out an extra £30 or so for DVI. Check your graphics card, if it has a kind of thin rectangular white socket with a grid of square holes, it's DVI. Usually video signals go from digital to analog to digital again. With DVI it's straight digital-digital. In addition to being tons clearer, the monitor gets configured automatically with optimal colour balance, brightness and contrast.

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/in...oduct_uid=78254
is the cheapest DVI at £212 incl. VAT. A fairly lame 140 degree viewing angle on that one. Annoying if you're having a bunch of friends to watch movies or something but still satisfactory. It's now out of stock though, since I bought the last one :ph34r: just now :)

Cheers i'll have a look into it.
Ebuyer have served me well in the past with speakers etc.
Thx

P.s. I have DVI is it defo worth shelling out a bit more?
@ rico can u recommend any other ones mate?

Rico can u list the things that i am looking for ie response time, contast etc?
Thx

Rico can u list the things that i am looking for ie response time, contast etc?
Thx
Is it so hard for you to click the links and read up on it yourself? Nobody can make the purchase for you, only you know what you want in a monitor. For instance, I've told you exactly what DVI does. It's up to you whether it's worth the extra cash; for me it was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back