4G and GPS current state ?

paralabamba

Hi there, as my unit will arrive in two months (TM), could someone tell me about GPS and 4G state ?
My question is about the use of a SIM card and maybe the possibility of using the internal GPS, are we far away or has someone worked yet in such stuffs ?
Sorry if this was already discussed, but I can't find recent post talking from this.

Also maybe it's to early regarding Software developpement progress ?

The software is all there.
Stock debian offers all phone features already, gps software is no problem either.

The state is that for a lot of users get no signal strenght at all and no one has investigated why yet.
To clarify: If i am standing 40m away from a tower i still get a shit signal but can at least send sms. Any other case: Not usable at all.

Ok thanks, it's nice for the software, at least. It seems that I'll have to dig into this despite my unknowledge. Nice future

Stock debian offers all phone features already, gps software is no problem either.

The state is that for a lot of users get no signal strenght at all and no one has investigated why yet.
To clarify: If i am standing 40m away from a tower i still get a shit signal but can at least send sms. Any other case: Not usable at all.
Yes, I can confirm I got the same results when testing.

So GPS signal is fine but 4G has a poor reception?

Standing too close to a cell tower can also reduce signal. The antennas on the tower are usually tilted to cover a wide area which means it doesn't cover nicely near the tower itself.
That doesn't mean this is the cause of the bad reception for the Pyra though, if it's poor in general it will also be poor close to a tower to.
I used to work in an office that had a tower on the roof, which meant everyone had good reception around the building but inside was really poor.

not poor. Non existing. Zero. ABSOLUTE zero.
Even when my other modems get 80-90% on the same spot on most frequencies.

Back