7-days Pandora received - another story review

Nice review. I think the audio production capabilities of the Pandora haven't really been explored enough. I would love to be able to plug in a MIDI pad/keyboard controller and use it as a portable softsynth.

I'm now trying to install Native Dvpt tools (but OPKG UPDATE execution in root terminal does not complete successfully up to the end, it fails at some arm related package download (??)), it ll probably be for another topic..
From what I've heard, the package list the update saves is too much for the small NAND. This sounds a bit weird, so take it with a grain of salt.

What you should NOT do is OPKG UPGRADE because the pandora software consists of software different from the one on the repository and the updated versions don't work. Just search in the forums for it, I'm not good at explaining. Just don't do it if you don't want to do a reformat ;)

Nice review. I think the audio production capabilities of the Pandora haven't really been explored enough. I would love to be able to plug in a MIDI pad/keyboard controller and use it as a portable softsynth.
I have a usb synth at home. As soon as I get my panda I'll test it out with LMMS and some VST.

I have been using my Pandora as a synth quite regularly. In fact, you can plug in a USB_MIDI class compliant device and the Pandora will load the USB midi driver automatically (this is included in the firmware).

I have ported xsynth and puredata and a few other things to the Pandora, and Gruso did seq24 for MIDI Sequencing. The Pandora is a *superlative* MIDI/Synth/Audio machine .. we just haven't released the apps yet. ;)

I have been using my Pandora as a synth quite regularly. In fact, you can plug in a USB_MIDI class compliant device and the Pandora will load the USB midi driver automatically (this is included in the firmware).

I have ported xsynth and puredata and a few other things to the Pandora, and Gruso did seq24 for MIDI Sequencing. The Pandora is a *superlative* MIDI/Synth/Audio machine .. we just haven't released the apps yet. ;)

:eek:

whyyyy :(

bosbeetle: waiting for the HotFix dust to settle a bit, and for some more people to get their Pandora's .. but rest assured the Pandora + Akai LPK25 keyboard == Amazing portable synthesis studio! :)

can't wait to tinker with pd on the train, It's such a nice fiddly past time. I never thought Id have the first part of my music evolution idea so easily achieved :)

bosbeetle: waiting for the HotFix dust to settle a bit, and for some more people to get their Pandora's .. but rest assured the Pandora + Akai LPK25 keyboard == Amazing portable synthesis studio! :)

That's exactly what I want it for! And to think I was considering buying a netbook...

Back