A Clue That Mweston Might Have His Prototype...

Try not to shamelessly advertise your Pandora blog in your posts... It might be harmless, but it gets extremely annoying.

'Awakening' said:
Whoohooo! There's finally one guy on the entire planet who have a complete Pandora laying around. That movie that we all have been waiting for is really close now.
MWeston... I'd get some security guards if I were you... you know how brutal the pre-ordering sessions were...

Last edited by a moderator:
'Vorporeal' said:
Try not to shamelessly advertise your Pandora blog in your posts... It might be harmless, but it gets extremely annoying.
Yes, they probably should add a few more admins who would delete such posts and on the third strike delete the user. With all of the blogs, forums, websites, etc, it is pretty confusing for someone new to the Pandora. It would be nice if folks could cooperate, dial back the egos and have fewer, more current, higher quality sites. There are a lot of nice ones to start with. The wiki could definitely use some help. Just a thought.

'Username' said:
So wait, he has 2 of them? Does wifi for multiplayer work yet?
I seriously doubt he's even thought about that yet. Wifi multi-player probably won't be worked on until the units are shipped and there is already some decent software to use it on.

Let them get the more important software sorted out first :)

'skeezix' said:
Wifi does work.
Never said that it didn't.

It needs the games to support multi-player too and most of it doesn't yet as a lot of the games and emulators have been ported from the 2X or PSP.

The small desktop games and direct ports should work fine though already, but would probably need some work to make them more Pandora friendly :)

I thought Quake arena was multi-player?

If pickle could iron out the remaining bugs then perhaps this may prove adequate

Has anyone seen MWeston's photo album the one Gruso mentioned in the official community blog?

I was just wondering if the keyboard screenshot is the final one as it seems to be mainly english without any foreign character sets?

http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa99/MW...ndora_mike3.jpg

Any ideas?

The title of that page: "Pandora keyboard layout _idea_ picture."

No one said it was the final one, and there'll be foreign keymat prints. Haven't people discussed this before, in several huge forum threads?

'typs lik dis' said:
The title of that page: "Pandora keyboard layout _idea_ picture."

No one said it was the final one, and there'll be foreign keymat prints. Haven't people discussed this before, in several huge forum threads?
Yes - but up until the last hompage update stated that the keyboard layout was never classified as finish, just to be completed

The Homepage was updated yesterday/last night with:

To-Do:
* Get the final Prototype case
* Build a test device and check if everything is okay
* Create the keymat mould (takes 20 - 25 days)
* Design the final keyboard layout (needs to be finished when the mould is ready)

Its interesting that Mweston photo site had an image - which I believe to be the final layout (last blog entry had keyboard layout as complete) :rolleyes:

The layout on MWeston's site has AltGr and Compose keys, allowing people used to international keyboards to compose non-standard (non-US) characters easily. They chose a US layout because it's the most standard and they could make it usable for everyone with AltGr+Compose. They will be making regionalized keyboards in the future though.

'Vorporeal' said:
The layout on MWeston's site has AltGr and Compose keys, allowing people used to international keyboards to compose non-standard (non-US) characters easily. They chose a US layout because it's the most standard and they could make it usable for everyone with AltGr+Compose. They will be making regionalized keyboards in the future though.
I don't see the use for both Compose and AltGr though. The Compose key is supposedly for non English characters but what to use AltGr for? I use AltGr on my Swedish keyboard to access a 3rd function on some keys but on the Pandora we have an FN key that already does that.

Some special characters can be accessed faster through AltGr, some through Compose. Also, some people are used to using one over the other. On the proposed layout, they're mapped to the L/R keys, meaning they won't be printed on the keypad. This makes it easy to just remap them in software to something else, or remove them entirely. I might use that to map Alt/Ctrl to them instead, as I'm an American and only need the standard US characters.

I didn't manage to find out when that keyboard layout was uploaded to MWeston's photobucket account but I suspect it was quite a while ago. I think it is unlikely that it's the final one.

Personally, I believe the final layout will be revealed in a physical form.

Back