A Couple Of Questions...

The FuZz

Still Fresh
Hi, I'm seriously considering getting a GP2x but just have a couple questions. Sorry if these have been asked/answered before but a quick search showed nothing.

1: Is there a big difference between the 240mhz and the 266mhz versions? Is it worth the extra £15/$30?

2: I know about roms and emulators, but if i have the orginal cd of a pc game, say monkey island, can I just copy the files over from that and play it on the GP2x (provided I have the emulator), or do I need a rom for each game?

Thanks for any help.

Hi Fuzz:
1) Both are the same, except that the 266 mhz are tested and guranteed to overclock to 266 mhz and be stable, it is the same exact hardware, the extra money you will pay is for the testing procedure. Most emulators run perfectly at 250 mhz, which alot of the 240 mhz units can reach, 240 mhz units are the ones who failed the 266mhz test, but that doesn't mean they can not overclock to more than 240mhz.
2) Monkey Island series run using a virtual machine called Scumm VM, and as far as I know, if you got the PC version, you can copy all the data files safely and use them to play the games. The roms problem come were you can't dump your games that easily, like let's say if you had a NES cartridge, it is hard dumping it to your SD card.

Back