A few questions

smithpercussion

Still Fresh
I have recently found out about the Pandora. I see hardware specs and they seem good. I will probably install xubuntu or slax on it. The design is obviously geared towards gamers. I might put a couple of games on there but I would want the Pandora to do a few things.

Be able to run a remote desktop to control my server and desktop from anywhere in the world
Be able to run hydrogen (A virtual drum machine on ubuntu) and have either good enough speakers or headphone/bluetooth support.
Touchscreen (I Believe is has this) and multi-touch capabilities.
Generally browse the internet
Run simple apps like google calendar and have the input capability to make this easy.
have enough word processing power to take notes. (hopefully the keyboard will be easy enough to use)

I think that's about it. I have read a little bit about this device, but if it would have no problems doing all of this then I will probably get one.. especially for the price. If someone could just verify that it can do all of this without any problems.

Trevor

there will be VNC and SSH clients, depends if your server is using these. obviously, you'll have to be on WiFi or internet from a phone or other device via bluetooth or otherwise to access the internet.

hydrogen: there may be a port, there might not. the pandora cannot run x86 apps directly remember. someone's gotta port it over to ARM.

it has a headphone jack and should support bluetooth speakers.

why xubuntu / slax? we have no idea if those distros will even exist for the pandora (those are native x86 distros)

while there will be an ubuntu version for pandora (I guess based on ubuntu mobile, but then you'll probably be able to install xfce) I seriously doubt that there will be a slax version for anything except x86 before a few years, so that would be a no-go.

Back