GP32 A Fix For Mirko Smc Lib ?

rov

Certified Guru
Website
procvor.free.fr
hi all!

ok, i actually made a multiplateform sdk, and for the gp part, i need to get a smc lib

i try the mirko one, with all release i found, fclose take 10~30 second to close a file if we write inside !!
i try to use the gamepark one, but i failed to mix the two sdk :/

after some debug of the mirko code i wasn't able to put in evidence what take a while....

please help me !!!

[off topic] if anyone want a zodiac/gp2x port just donate me one hehe [/off topic]

Mirko SMC lib is basically just a complete rip-off from the Samsung Licensed code, and I thought the problem only occurred on certain compilers. I do think Rlyeh fixed it however.

which compiler did you use? I know Mirko used GCC, so if you used GCC too, that may be the question. The other compiler was ADS.

Well, if you can easily switch to it, I would at least try it. I don't have the problem as I have my own file system which I wrote from scratch. However, as I wrote it in works time, it's there IP, so I can't share it without fear of getting sued if they find out.

Also try downloading the source for Frodo (GP32) - apparently the smc code used in frodo also allows full file names etc. (not limited to 8.3)

frodo source seen to be great :D

the smc lib is the samsung one, i need to try if these release work.

also there is some low level code for screen and sound thanks!

squidge, you can't give me your code, no problem, but can you give me the read write smc block routine ?
if a day i want made a file system... and i do not want use mirko code for that

rov said:
squidge, you can't give me your code, no problem, but can you give me the read write smc block routine ?
SMC read/write block routines are in my GpDrive, of which the source was released. There's also a few derivatives of that knocking around which I assume also have source.

Last edited by a moderator:
rov said:
ok, i actually made a multiplateform sdk, and for the gp part, i need to get a smc lib

Hi rov,

I know it's been a while but how did you get on with your multiplatform SDK?

Would be great to have something relatively uptodate for GP32 SDK coding!

Do you have a website for it or is there a source release planned/available?

Last edited by a moderator:
hi xizal

sorry but for now there is nothing available, i got a sentimental storm and failure in my life :-/
the basis are ok, but it's still in work ..

but i'll get in future some new time to spare on it :)

Back