A Rather Odd Question...

Nightripper

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Today i noticed that my R-button on the GamePark32 didn't work, so I decided I should send it back to the place I brought it from. The problem is that I some weeks ago flashed my firmware (to the english-european one), and by doing so (as I understand it) i voided the guarantee. So I thought that if i flashed it back they wouldn't notice (but I don't think they would anyway, but to be on the safe side... :rolleyes: ). The problem with this is that if I want to flash it back to the original firmware I have to use Mr.Spivs firmware updater, and the problem with that is that you have to press down START + SELECT + L + R for it to start flashing. So my question is: are there any other programs I can use for flashing?

One fast and easy solution :

- You open your GP32 and repair your R button as I did with mine (it's very easy!) and I'm pretty sure your R button isn't broken.

:)

I dont think flashing your bios voids your warrenty. As GamePark has an official beta bios and they walk you through the installtion proccess on the site. They wouldnt do that to something that voids your warrenty. However, if you screw up and break your GP32 when doing this, you cannot send it back as defective.

Drumaster- just out of curiosity, how did you do it? What was wrong with it?
It's difficult for me to explain this 'cause I'm french and I don't know many technical words...

I try : I opened my gp32 and I put the piece of metal in the same position that the L button was and after that it worked very well.

I hope I was clear. :)

Back