A Rekindled Love Affair

E

extremegamer

All this talk and stuff thats been brought up about the Sega Saturn has made me dust off the ol' black fun box and have a go at my games for it...and I just bought another import game off ebay, it came in today, GunGriffon and it is fantastic mech fun. The full motion video at the beginning is pretty cool as well. The Saturn had a much better following in Japan so it seems they got most of the good games.

I recommend that anybody that doesn't have a Saturn, get one NOW.

*sigh* if only I could get Magic Knight Rayearth(US) and Shining Force III(US) at a fair price I would again seek the joy of my Saturn. Which I only bought a few months ago but got it as a collection type thing. Need more games for it to be interesting, Virtua Fighter 2 doesnt do it for me. Needs a battery replacement anyway.

extremegamer posted on Sep 15 2004 at 10:35 PM said:
All this talk and stuff thats been brought up about the Sega Saturn has made me dust off the ol' black fun box and have a go at my games for it...and I just bought another import game off ebay, it came in today, GunGriffon and it is fantastic mech fun. The full motion video at the beginning is pretty cool as well. The Saturn had a much better following in Japan so it seems they got most of the good games.

I recommend that anybody that doesn't have a Saturn, get one NOW.

Cool console isn´t it. I got two myself and I must say the Jap/NTSC releases are way better than the PAL release list. I am in the Netherlands and I am stuck with PAL releases, I have imported quite a few Japanese titles which are so much better!

Last edited by a moderator:
RomHacker316 posted on Sep 16 2004 at 12:34 PM said:
*sigh* if only I could get Magic Knight Rayearth(US) and Shining Force III(US) at a fair price I would again seek the joy of my Saturn. Which I only bought a few months ago but got it as a collection type thing. Need more games for it to be interesting, Virtua Fighter 2 doesnt do it for me. Needs a battery replacement anyway.

I was trying to find a copy of the US ver of Shinig Force III when I was still into my Saturn; so annoyed that I was only ever going to be able to play the first part of the game.

Magic Knights of Rayearth was said to be a bit short, iirc - like 10 hours, which is not amazing for an RPG by any means. Albert Oddyssey 2 was brilliant though. That kept me going for a while :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back