GP2X A Toolchain *on* The Gp2x

A_SN

I'd like to know how doable it would be to have a fully working ready-to-compile toolchain *on* the GP2X.

The point is, many of us have issues with setting up a working toolchain on our PC's, having a toolchain ready for the GP2X would make things infinitely simpler. I know that the GP2X's CPU power is way inferior to a regular PC, but that wouldn't be an issue for most of the programs that you would write yourself, and I also know that it would take some room, but after all if people can afford to put PSX roms on their SD's they can put a toolchain.

Plus one could with a USB keyboard program without having to use a computer, I know it might sound a bit foolish but some people might find it handy.

Someone released Tiny C Compiler for the GP2X recently, look in the news section or somewhere.

Mudi posted on Aug 6 2006 at 06:47 AM said:
Someone released Tiny C Compiler for the GP2X recently, look in the news section or somewhere.

Yeah I saw that but I was refering to a full GCC + SDL toolchain like ooPo's + Paeryn's SDL

Last edited by a moderator:
I be very worried about the lack of processing power considering that when I fully rebuild my projects, it takes around half a minute on AMD64 3000+ with a gig of RAM (and I consider my projects to be relatively small). I shudder to think how long it take on the GP2X.

I remember it taking 3 days to compile my kernel on a P2/266.

Also, a big problem with compiling on SD is writes. For normal use the write limit for a SD card is rarely important, but using it to compile would be almost as bad as using it for swap space.

Back