A320 Review at Pocket Gamer

Why does the review state the price of 69.99 when on gbax.com it's 79.99?

If it was 69.99 I would have bought one by now, but I just find it hard to justify the extra 10 when I compare it to USA prices, and the fact the Pandora is coming out (relatively) soon (hopefully lol).

Lippy said:
Why does the review state the price of 69.99 when on gbax.com it's 79.99?

If it was 69.99 I would have bought one by now, but I just find it hard to justify the extra 10 when I compare it to USA prices, and the fact the Pandora is coming out (relatively) soon (hopefully lol).

Is Dealextreme not shipping where you live? Or do you get charged import tax?

Yes I would get charged import tax + shipping (UK). But i'd rather support craig if I did buy it anyway. Just annoying it's 50% more expensive here in UK (minus VAT), but then again so is everything...

I'm in the UK and I bought my Dingoo from Deal Extreme, it cost me a grand total of £57.96 ($82.81). That included delivery. I didn't pay any import tax as the package was marked as a gift....probably not very legal but it saved me a few quid so who cares, the Goverment can kiss my fat hairy ass :)

I used to always find this interesting with liksang, but here is the maths behind the sale price, and why it isn't actually 50% more expensive, the UKP isn't what it used to be:

Dingoo $75 (for 35 units) = £51.47 (1.457 USD to 1 GBP)
VAT per unit, import duty & TNTs charge for collecting this = £12.20 (TNT worked the VAT at 1.418 - which would have been correct at the time of import).
Shipping per unit = £5.88 (Based on $300 for shipping 35 units, this will obviously go down when we order bigger batches)

Total £69.99 (we did sell 30 of those units at this price).

Selling price now =£79.99. It isn't exactly a money spinner.

Reesy said:
I'm in the UK and I bought my Dingoo from Deal Extreme, it cost me a grand total of £57.96 ($82.81). That included delivery. I didn't pay any import tax as the package was marked as a gift....probably not very legal but it saved me a few quid so who cares, the Goverment can kiss my fat hairy ass :)

Yeah, it's very hit or miss with regards to import tax. If you did get charged import duty & VAT it would come out 57.96 * 1.15 = 66.65 + 5-7 pounds import duty = ~£71-73 Which is still cheaper but don't forget warranty would be a massive hassle if needed, plus ship time.

craigix said:
I used to always find this interesting with liksang, but here is the maths behind the sale price, and why it isn't actually 50% more expensive, the UKP isn't what it used to be:

Dingoo $75 (for 35 units) = £51.47 (1.457 USD to 1 GBP)
VAT per unit, import duty & TNTs charge for collecting this = £12.20 (TNT worked the VAT at 1.418 - which would have been correct at the time of import).
Shipping per unit = £5.88 (Based on $300 for shipping 35 units, this will obviously go down when we order bigger batches)

Total £69.99 (we did sell 30 of those units at this price).

Selling price now =£79.99. It isn't exactly a money spinner.

It's nice to see numbers like that. I've always wondered what costs come into it, and the margins of products. In the end, if I do get it to complement the Pandora, it'll be with gbax.com I think. If I got it from dealextreme, i'd feel like I was cheating on craig! :D BTW craig, do you receive a UK charger if we buy from you? (Not that it really matters for me, just interested)

Lastly: those shipping charges are extortionate!! You obviously know better, but I've ordered mp3 players from China/Hong Kong/S. Korea and I usually pay about that much (or less) individually!

EDIT: One more thing: please sort out GBAX.com, it's an atrocious design & so unprofessional.. plus many errors: (e.g. clicking on pictures fails). TBH if I didn't know you from around the forums I would have probably ordered elsewhere.

Back