Aaaaaaaaah!

Had my Gp for a while now, went on it tonight to put doom on it, Connected it up to Pc, Turned it on, Went onto pc-link (on the Gp32) and it comes up with this message "USB Error Check PC-LINK application Press B to Cancel or SELECT to recover smc"

But i cant get it to go on the Normal "Now waiting" screen, I might be doing something Dumb, But il be pretty miffed if its broke! :angry:

mine has done that occasionally, just unplug the lead and restart the computer and it should be alright, mine is anyway!

You shouldn't need to restart between transfers, although it might fix it if it really goes... My trick has been to plug stuff in in the right order... turn on the GP32 first, plug in, go to PC-Link mode, THEN load up Pc-link...

Ok, sometimes a restart might be needed, but not all that often, methinks.

for me when i got that error, it was because my link wasnt connected to my gp32 securely. it doesnt stay on the gp32 very well i find. so now i just make sure that when i plug it in, i plugged it in completely into my gp32 and make sure that when i put it down during transfer, that it's still connected.

If you have a mainboard with a via chipset (maybe others :unsure: ) and you have extra usb ports on the front of your machine that are connected to the mainboard (not through a pci expansion card). Swap the lead for the GP32 to one of the port on the back of the machine should cure alot of the problems.

Hope this helps :)

Trooper

Axeman posted on May 23 2003 said:
I have a Via chipset, and can use any USB ports with no probs...

Just thought I'd mention it before there's a flood of anti-via posts :p
Hi Axeman,

I posted this because i have two mainboards with via chipsets and both have provisions for a extra set of usb ports via a connector. Bareing in mind that the via chipset has some minor imperfections, When using these extra usb ports they seem to be the ones to give out :rolleyes: :blink: :rolleyes: :huh:

Edit: I`m not sure if its a power thing, ie not enough power going to these ports :unsure: .

Just my observation. :)

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
Back