Ahhhh!! My 2x Is Busted

norm

aka kapakux89
Website
kapakux89.com
my 2x is pretty much dead it rarely boots up and if it does it drains fresh batteries within 5 minutes

is there anything i can do?

if not whats the chances of getting a replacment i bought it from gp2x.co.uk

norm posted on Dec 15 2006 at 08:20 AM said:
im using NiCd batteries and iv never used a power supply on it
I have some NiCd which are rated at 550mAh. I only use them for remote controls now where low, occasional drain is all that is required. Despite this, NiCd *are* actually suitable for high drain operation as well, they just won't last very long as they usually have very low capacity (ie 550mAh). If they are old, well, it's no wonder you are getting less than 20 minutes or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
iv just tryed some new energisers (<<<--sorry i cant spell) but still the same problem

it booted up but it says there's theres no battery and cuts out in no time

:( i cant handle life with out ma 2x - should i email gp2x.co.uk?

norm posted on Dec 14 2006 at 08:47 PM said:
iv just tryed some new energisers (<<<--sorry i cant spell) but still the same problem

it booted up but it says there's theres no battery and cuts out in no time

:( i cant handle life with out ma 2x - should i email gp2x.co.uk?

Yes, also phone them up ... but Craig was just in a nasty auto accident, so be patient :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Be sure to try with nimh rechargeable batteries 2500 mah and up before anything else. Standard batteries can drain surprisingly fast. They are not suited for high drain devices such as the GP2X.

Taken from wikipedia:
"Brand new batteries, or batteries which have been unused for some time, need "reforming" to reach their full capacity. For this reason new batteries may need several charge/discharge cycles before they operate to their advertised capacity."

So if those energizers are brand new, do charge/discharge a couple of times, that might fix it.

You should try at least 2500 Nimh rechargables before sending back, or you will just be wasting postage and gp2x.co.uk time. Sounds like the Nicd batteries are just not doing the job (which is no surprise and pretty well documented).

For an adaptor, buy the official gp2x one (http://www.divineo.co.uk/cgi-bin/div-uk/gp2-ace). Mine came in 2 days and no chance of frying anything :)

I had a similar problem where battery life sucked, sent it to GPH and it turned out to be a faulty diode.
But I also had a side effect of the netchip becoming very hot. Its located at the bottom right of the untit.

Back