Alien Eraser V0.3b

Sanosuke

Still Fresh
Website
www.zodiacfrance.com
Hey all,

I just finished a new beta of Alien Eraser. I call it "beta" because it's still in development, and it has probably many bugs, and many things are still unfinished ^^
I'd be very grateful to you if you could help me, telling me things you think I should add/modify/remove :)

Here are changes since the ADIC 2004 version :
+ Text interface entirely remade (new font and background graphics)
+ Text drawn one letter at once, you can skip it with START or speed up with B
+ Life bonus (temporary graphics)
+ Temporary field bonus (same thing ^^)
+ 2nd Mission (therefore the mission system has been entirely programmed ^_^)
+ 1 new ennemy
+ An "experience" system (which will be used soon)
FIX The ship "blink" when you are hit
FIX An infinity of little bugs and little things (musics, SFXs, splashs, fades, gfxs noises, collisions), and I probably forgot some ^_^

screen3.gif

screen4.gif

Thanks A LOT by advance, I think what people think of this game is really important and I'm sure you can help me improve it ^_^

By the way, I'm sorry for my baaad english (both in this post and in the game ^^"), I'm French ^^"

the last one was really hard and i wondered if there was a second lvl....

i spent like 20 mins playing looking for a second lvl..... know i kmow there wasnt one...

ah well

*downloads"

EDIT : uhh. the file is broken, i cant open it with winzip

thanks! I'll check this out when I get a chance and tell you what I think - I did like the last version, and it wasn't too hard, in fact I completed the first mission and thought it was just right.

:)

Deleted User posted on Apr 10 2005 at 10:16 PM said:
EDIT : uhh. the file is broken, i cant open it with winzip

Just rename it to alien.fxe

It's not a packed. I don't know why our boards turns all files to zip-files ;)
You can also download it from GP32x File Archive if you want to unzip an archive before playing :p

Last edited:
Thanks for the news ^_^

Deleted User and frolik -> In fact, the life and field bonus make the game really easier, but tell me if there are too many bonus, I'll correct this =)
But that's only the 2 first missions, the next ones are going to be harder ^^

I'm waiting for your feedback impatiently ^_^

arrgh! I must be sick, haven't had a chance to pick up my geepee for days, I'll be sure to give you feedback as soon as humanly possible ;)

Thanks a lot for support :)

Could you tell me more precisly what are your likes/dislikes in this version ?
Maybe some advices or things you would like to be added ?

Sorry it took me a whie to give you feedback but now I've had a good session and I can tell you I like it quite a bit! Here's a few things I thought of while playing:

pros:

nice font and background, is the font nicked from lemmings?
love the planet background whooshing past
really great speed for 33Mhz! and very smooth too

cons;

the music volume is too low in game, or sfx too loud!
ship doesn't explode when you die, screen just fades out
blue bullets are pretty hard to see against the background, can you make them darker?
your ship can pass through enemy ships without damaging it

At the end of level 1 it says "you turn your spaceship around" would be cool if level 2 the screen moved from left to right...

There's a few grammar and spelling mistakes in the story, it's still good but if you want me to fix it for you I'd be happy to rephrase it a little.

Anyway, keep up the work, it's pretty satisfying blaster as it is, so far I haven't got past level 2 though but I reckon I will soon.

Sorry for the long time with no answer, I have been on holidays and had a very few time after coming back :)

So :

I don't know if the font is nicked from Lemmings, I found it on Internet as the graphic artist has no free time :unsure:

the music volume is too low in game, or sfx too loud!
<-- OK, if I can tell it to the SFX maker before the next release it'll be fixed :)
ship doesn't explode when you die, screen just fades out <-- OK, it'll be fixed in the next release ^_^
blue bullets are pretty hard to see against the background, can you make them darker? <-- I'll try to change the color, but as the background is very dark AND very clear, it's hard to find a color which isn't hard to see ^^"
your ship can pass through enemy ships without damaging it <-- It's a gameplay choice and not a bug or anything, but as many persons seems not to like it, I'll maybe change :) I didn't decide yet =)

At the end of level 1 it says "you turn your spaceship around" would be cool if level 2 the screen moved from left to right... <-- I can't use the "LR" fctions in my code at 33 MHz, so I would have to include all GFXs inversed, it's a lot of place taken for a little change I think :(

About the texts, I'm really happy you're OK to help me with it ^^, my English is so bad :) I received your mail, I'm answering right now :)

Thanks A LOT for your feedback and support :)

Back