All Shook Up

Javacat

Founder of the WarmFluffyUK fan club
Website
Visit site
I be shaking! :p

As I've mentioned before I work in an old victorian house. In the basement is a substation for all of the streets around us. In the middle of a house is a small open space, which you can't get to. It's got a drain in the middle of it and a vent up the wall. The drain has got blocked and the small area is flooding, and has reached the vent.

One of the directors asked me to check that it wasn't going in the basement, so I went down and couldn't see anything, but listening carefully I could hear a dripping behind the wall. I went and got the key for the sub station (which we shouldn't have :unsure:), and went into it. Around the transformer (taking in 11000 volts) I noticed a dark mark. I walked around the back of it and saw a huge puddle, with water going down a gap next to the transformer.

Lets just say after a few rude words, I soon got out of there ;)

Anyway, I'm all shook up now and don't think I'll be doing any more work before 5.

Edit: oops, we shouldn't have the key :p

dude, if your house blows up, rescue your gp2x!

Cool places you fellas work in. I'd get out as fast as I could if I were you. :)

- Alex

Well I was fine, and just as I left work someone came to unblock the drain. I still had the joys of walking home through the rain, whilst it was completely pissing it down.

Back