Central Scrutinizer
Hi, I have superzaxxon 1.6-something here

Linux pandora 3.2.61 #1017 Sat Jul 12 01:57:35 EEST 2014 armv7l GNU/Linux

cat /etc/op-version
Tag Name: sz_160-13-g09d2370
GIT-VERSION: 09d2370a8a5dac7c8f50067d6c70d12f854368d6
Branch: master
Version: 1.9.1.0 - R1.61 Codename Super Zaxxon

Alsamixer shows a "master" output, but changing the volume doesn't affect system volume at all.

I searched the forum but didn't find anyone with this problem?

Does Alsamixer work for you?  Is there anything I can do to get it working?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that's how it has been for ages..

Edit: NVM.. seems to work when using MPS, however not so much when playing with smplayer.. application specific?

Edit2: smplayer was set to OSS output so it doesn't use the alsamixer.

I think that's how it has been for ages..

Edit: NVM.. seems to work when using MPS, however not so much when playing with smplayer.. application specific?

Edit2: smplayer was set to OSS output so it doesn't use the alsamixer.
Thanks! mplayer (which I was using) also uses OSS by default. Adding "-ao alsa" to the command line makes alsamixer work! So alsamixer *does* work in SuperZaxxon!

Woohoo! Thanks again TrashyMG!

I used it some days ago and it did work.

alsamixer master always worked for me.

I thought OSS on an ALSA enabled system used the OSS plugin to route OSS audio through ALSA, so the ALSA master control should work. Does the Pandora not work like that, or am I mistaken about OSS and ALSA?

ALSA provides OSS emulation at the kernel level and it's bypassing dmix, which lives in alsalib (userspace). That's why OSS has slightly better performance and probably why software based volume control doesn't work (there is no hardware-based-but-software-controlled volume control in pandora, it's just a DAC connected to amplifier with no software control of any kind).

Back